LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:34 pm
Hello,

Lately I’ve been thinking about that cool little Dwarven card, Slaked Thirsts, and how well it works when comboed with a dwarf stacking card like Preparations which can allow you tp stack dwarf events onto it from your discard pile. With this combo you can exert a minion twice during the maneuver phase, pretty sweet, right? Well, let me tell you, even when you are exert minions left and right with these cards, it still isn’t enough sometimes. Sometimes, you need just a little more to defeat your enemies. That’s where I discovered Denethor, Last Ruling Steward. With card comboed with gondor possessions allows you to exert minions just with Slaked Thirst. So here we have two powerful ways of exerting every minion on the table, now we just need a way to finish them off. This is were Unheeded and No Travellers in this Land come into play. They allow you to finish off all the exhuasted minions in the maneuver phase, or when they exert in general. Daddy Twofoot will help you retieve your Unheeded. IF minions do make it to the regroup phase, they still have to deal with Pippin’s major wounding abilites. By the time your comps actually have to fight, there will not be a single minion left.

Decklist: 36 cards

Ring Bearer and One Ring:
Frodo, Weary from the Journey
The One Ring, Ring of Doom

Starting fellowship:
Gimli, Feared Axeman
Aragorn, Strider
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver

Free peoples cards:
Gimli, Feared Axeman
Aragorn, Strider
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Denethor, Last Ruling Steward x3
Dwarven Warrior x3
Preparations x2
Slaked Thirsts x4
Kingsfoil x4
Gondorian Sword x2
Rangers Cloak x2
Unheeded x4
Daddy Twofoot, Next Door Neighbor x3
Shadowplay x2
No Travellers in this Land x4

Lmk what you guys think. Thanks!
Foresight
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:48 pm
I would add in 2 Hall of our Fathers and take out a copy of Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor and a copy of Dwarven Warrior. You could get the potential to have those 4 Slaked Thirsts stacked on Hall of our Fathers! Just my suggestion. Smile
legoles3333
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:45 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
eowyn, lady of ithilien, need i say more? oh yeah, aragorn’s bow, ranger’s longbow
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:38 am
What should I do? What cards should I take out? Any suggestions?
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:47 am
Perhaps focus purely on the wounding more than the rest. Take out the Gondorian Swords, and put in two Shadowplays in their place.
legoles3333
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:03 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
kingsfoil
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard