LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:32 pm
What, do I only get 1 review per set of DC’s?

Gosh, I might as well just stop making these.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:35 pm
elf lvr wrote:
What, do I only get 1 review per set of DC’s?

Sorry, elf lvr, we just used up all our posts for this thread talking about firefox!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:37 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Oopsie! Missed these before. Embarassed Sorry, my friend.

elf lvr wrote:
10 *Manwe, King of Air Gandalf
Companion * Valar
Strength: 16
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 8
Spirit. Toil 1.
To play, spot a Gandalf Wizard.
Each Eagle gains muster.
Skirmish: Exert Manwe to make another Gandalf companion strength +2.
’And in these clouds thou art drawn nearer to Manwë, thy friend, whom thou lovest.’

No complaints. Very expensive, but MAN is he worth it.

elf lvr wrote:
5 *Varda, Elbereth Elven
Companion * Valar
Strength: 11
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
Spirit.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert an Elf to place up to 3 cards from your hand on top of your draw deck.
Regroup: If the fellowship is at a forest, exert Varda to play the fellowhship’s next site.
With Manwë dwelt Varda the most beautiful, she who in the Sindarin tongue is named Elbereth, Queen of the Valar, maker of the stars; and with than were a great host of spirits in blessedness.

Spelled "fellowship" wrong. I’d make the first ability exert Varda too, though it MAY not be necessary.

Good cards! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:56 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sorry totally missed these next time PM me.
elf lvr wrote:

10 *Manwe, King of Air Gandalf
Companion * Valar
Strength: 16
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 8
Spirit. Toil 1.
To play, spot a Gandalf Wizard.
Each Eagle gains muster.
Skirmish: Exert Manwe to make another Gandalf companion strength +2.
’And in these clouds thou art drawn nearer to Manwë, thy friend, whom thou lovest.’
whoah he is good. even if you don’t use him to fight (oh include and italics definition of spirit, it looks better and then you don’t get new reviewers Q’s.

5 *Varda, Elbereth Elven
Companion * Valar
Strength: 11
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
Spirit.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert an Elf to place up to 3 cards from your hand on top of your draw deck.
Regroup: If the fellowship is at a forest, exert Varda to play the fellowship’s next site.
With Manwë dwelt Varda the most beautiful, she who in the Sindarin tongue is named Elbereth, Queen of the Valar, maker of the stars; and with than were a great host of spirits in blessedness.

Next... we’ll start on the 19 White followers.

sure
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:33 pm
1 *The Ulumuri, Sea-horns White
Artifact * Support Area
To play, spot Ulmo (or spot 2 White companions and add a burden).
Skirmish: Discard a non-exhausted companion from play to make another companion strength +4.
...and there make music upon his great horns, the Ulumúri, that are wrought of white shell; and those to whom that music comes hear it ever after in their hearts, and longing for the sea never leaves them again.

2 *The Valaroma, Hunter’s Horn White
Artifact * Support Area
To play, spot Orome (or spot 2 White companions and add a burden).
Skirmish: Discard a follower from your support area to make a companion strength +4.
The Valaróma is the name of his great horn, the sound of which is like the upgoing of the Sun in scarlet, or the sheer lightning cleaving the clouds.

These are how you can cycle between the follower and the Companion versions of each of the Valar. A bit inspired by Boromir and Erkenbrand’s Horns, these are (IMO) better costed, and fit well to my strategy. Notice that it is slightly difficult to use each, because the Ulumuri require a non-exhausted companion (somewhat difficult with Spirit), and the Valorama requires a non-attached follower.

Also, one more card that helps things out more...

0 *The Ring of Doom White
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot 4 White cards (or 2 White characters or followers).
Each time you play a unique White card, that card’s twilight cost is -X, where X is the number of cards you can spot in the discard pile with the same title as the card played.
It is told that after the flight of Melkor the Valar sat long unmoved upon their thrones in the Ring of Doom; but they were not idle...

Reviews?
Last edited by elf lvr on Tue May 22, 2007 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:31 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
elf lvr wrote:
2 *The Ulumuri, Sea-horns White
Artifact * Support Area
To play, spot Ulmo (or spot 2 White companions and add a burden).
Skirmish: Discard a non-exhausted companion from play to make another companion strength +4.
...and there make music upon his great horns, the Ulumúri, that are wrought of white shell; and those to whom that music comes hear it ever after in their hearts, and longing for the sea never leaves them again.

Very interesting card, reminds me of the T&D horns...a pretty steep cost, but it’s good.
Quote:
2 *The Valaroma, Hunter’s Horn White
Artifact * Support Area
To play, spot Orome (or spot 2 White companions and add a burden).
Skirmish: Discard a follower from your support area to make a companion strength +4.
The Valaróma is the name of his great horn, the sound of which is like the upgoing of the Sun in scarlet, or the sheer lightning cleaving the clouds.

Yep, nice theme. Good.
Quote:
These are how you can cycle between the follower and the Companion versions of each of the Valar. A bit inspired by Boromir and Erkenbrand’s Horns, these are (IMO) better costed, and fit well to my strategy. Notice that it is slightly difficult to use each, because the Ulumuri require a non-exhausted companion (somewhat difficult with Spirit), and the Valorama requires a non-attached follower.

Very interesting! I like it!
Quote:
0 *The Ring of Doom White
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot 4 White cards (or 2 White characters or followers).
Each time you play a unique White card, that card’s twilight cost is -X, where X is the number of cards you can spot in the discard pile with the same title as the card played.
It is told that after the flight of Melkor the Valar sat long unmoved upon their thrones in the Ring of Doom; but they were not idle...

Nice card! Very cool, and I like the way it brings the costs down.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:03 pm
If I could get a few more reviews, I’d like to keep this moving.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:34 pm
Well, I’ll go ahead and post the next few, just because I have them done. Feel free to review the last few, though.

4 *Manwe, Lord of Arda White
Follower
Aid – 2
To play, spot a White companion.
Bearer gains captain.
When Manwe is discarded, you may heal a companion.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, you may transfer Manwe to your support area to remove a threat.
’This kingdom thou shalt not take for thine own, wrongfully, for many others have laboured here do less than thou.’

3 *Varda, Wife of Manwe White
Follower
Resistance: +1
Aid – 2
While you can spot 2 other White followers, each White follower is twilight cost -1.
Skirmish: Discard Varda to heal bearer twice.
…and if Manwë is with her, Varda hears more clearly than all other ears the sound of voices that cry from east to west, from the hills and the valleys, and from the dark places that Melkor has made upon Earth.

2 *Ulmo, Wanderer of Waves White
Follower
Resistance: +1
Aid – 2
Bearer must be a White companion.
While at a river site, bearer is strength +1 and damage +1.
When Ulmo is discarded, you may play the fellowship’s next site.
For he kept all Arda in thought, and he has no need of any resting-place.

2 *Aule, Master of Crafts White
Follower
Aid – 2
To play, spot 2 White companions or followers.
When Aule is discarded, you may play an artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to make him strength +1 for each White artifact you can spot.
He is a smith and a master of all crafts, and he delights in works of skill, however small, as much as in the mighty building of old.

2 *Yavanna, Giver of Fruits White
Follower
Vitality: +1
Aid – 2
To play, spot a White card.
Each time Yavanna is transferred to a companion, you may heal that companion.
Regroup: If the fellowship is at a forest site, you may discard Yavanna to remove 2 threats.
She is the lover of all things that grow in the earth, and all their countless forms she holds in her mind, from the trees like towers in forests long ago to the moss upon stones or the small and secret things in the mould.

If I’ve repeated lore, let me know.
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed May 23, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
elf lvr wrote:

3 *Manwe, Lord of Arda White
Follower
Aid – 2
To play, spot a White companion.
Bearer gains captain.
When Manwe is discarded, you may heal a companion.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, you may transfer Manwe to your support area to remove a threat.
’This kingdom thou shalt not take for thine own, wrongfully, for many others have laboured here do less than thou.’

Whoa...that’s an incredibly powerful card, no drawback whatsoever. Make him cost 4, at least.
Quote:
2 *Varda, Wife of Manwe White
Follower
Aid – 2
While you can spot 2 other White followers, each White follower is twilight cost -1.
Skirmish: Discard Varda to heal bearer twice.
…and if Manwë is with her, Varda hears more clearly than all other ears the sound of voices that cry from east to west, from the hills and the valleys, and from the dark places that Melkor has made upon Earth.

Much better, much more balanced. Good card.
Quote:
2 *Ulmo, Wanderer of Waves White
Follower
Aid – 2
Bearer must be a White companion.
While at a river site, bearer is strength +1 and damage +1.
When Ulmo is discarded, you may play the fellowship’s next site.
For he kept all Arda in thought, and he has no need of any resting-place.

Sweet stuff. I like this one, and the discarding thing is cool.
Quote:
2 *Aule, Master of Crafts White
Follower
Aid – 2
To play, spot 2 White companions or followers.
When Aule is discarded, you may play an artifact from your draw deck.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to make him strength +1 for each White artifact you can spot.
He is a smith and a master of all crafts, and he delights in works of skill, however small, as much as in the mighty building of old.

Nice and interesting, a good card.
Quote:
1 *Yavanna, Giver of Fruits White
Follower
Aid – 2
To play, spot a White card.
Each time Yavanna is transferred to a companion, you may heal that companion.
Regroup: If the fellowship is at a forest site, you may discard Yavanna to remove 2 threats.
She is the lover of all things that grow in the earth, and all their countless forms she holds in her mind, from the trees like towers in forests long ago to the moss upon stones or the small and secret things in the mould.

Very nice, very nice. I like this one, too. Good and balanced.

Manwe’s just way too powerful for me, he’s got so many benefits.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:27 pm
Okay, I’ll make him cost 4. It was what I was planning on doing at first, anyways.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards