LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Glamdring
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:47 pm
--- description ---
Between these tags, give a short description of your deck. Go a step beyond basic decktype info, and tell us what makes your design unique!
--- end description ---

Here’s a decklist I am working on, and thanks Corvus/matcheteman for the cool idea!

35 Cards Total

4x Gothmog, Lieutenant of Morgul
3x Gorgoroth Troop
3x Gorgoroth Officer
3x Siege Troop
2x Gorgoroth Berserker
2x Gorgoroth Sapper
2x Mordor Pillager
2x Gorgoroth Swarm
2x Gorgoroth Agitator
3x Encirclement
2x Barren Land
2x Troop Tower
2x Tower Walkway
Peril
Gothmog’s Warg
Ithil Stone

Please respond.

-GL-
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
TheJord
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:51 pm
Ah this deck type is so funny to play. Big minions and mass wounding.

You could cut an Encirclement as its unique.

Gorgoroth Soldier is good for cycling and making Elves cry.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah cut an encirclement for sure! cool idea!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Glamdring
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:21 pm
Thanks for the replies! I will cut the Encirclement, and I will add in a another Gorgoroth officer and another gorgoroth troop. Mr. Green
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Ransom
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:53 am
Consider adding Gorgoroth Attacker. His health is lower than Gothmog, but he’s quite a bit cheaper. Especially when you play him over and over. Twisted Evil
In marble walls as white as milk, lined with skin as soft as silk, within the fountain crystal clear a golden apple doth appear. What am I?
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:01 am
That’s like the fourth time you’ve offered that suggestion to someone building a Gothmog bomb.

But hey, it works on getting around those Gondor Wraiths with Swept Away and Bilbo, Bearer of things Burgled with Consorting With Wizards. That deck is COMPLETELY IMMUNE to the Gothmog bomb. Unless you add some secret art of flame.

But adding a Gorgoroth Attacker is cooler. But against Tolman Cotton, its kinda hard to pull it off.

Hm...that would be interesting. Gondor Wraiths + Tolman Cotton with Bilbo RB...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Ransom
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:20 am
Yes, I know its the fourth time, but people still don’t do it. Besides, adding 12 burdens for 6 twilight is just plain cool. Mr. Green
In marble walls as white as milk, lined with skin as soft as silk, within the fountain crystal clear a golden apple doth appear. What am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
I realised just like NB did that you suggest that a bit but ive only just realised how cool it is. For some reason wounding people seems a lot nastier than using the attacker until i sat down and thought about it. Now im going to make that dual deck. Tee hee cheers Ransom!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
gil-estel
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:35 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
I’ve got a question. I mostly pair my Gothmog with Southron Archers, but I can see that this is more effective and less harder to pull. Well less harder because with the Southron Archers you’re depending on when you pull the archers.
But my question is about to whole stacking and playing during the skirmish. When you play Gothmog you also add strength, but when you stack him, doesn’t he lose that strength-bonus? So that if you play him again he is ’just’ strength + 6?
Ransom
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:48 pm
The added strength isn’t really relevant. It’s all the forced wounds that make the loop worth it.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded