LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
the angry orc
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:04 pm
let me start by saying i have been out of lotr for some time...probably since the first rotk set but for some reason the bug has bitten me again and a couple of buddies and myself have started up again. we have been concentrating on ’standard’ play as several of us had sold off all our copies of servant of the secret fire and simbelmyne. plus everyone kind of digs the ’new’ rules, resistance stuff, alt ringbearers, etc. but of course the spending binge was unavoidable and, over the last few weeks, i have bought several boxes of shadows, black rider, bloodlines, and reflections as well as some individual stuff from hunters, rise of saruman, siege of gondor, etc.

i’ve always been partial to elves so the first thing i have put together is an elven archery deck (may head towards elvents or telepathy as those two seem fun). plus most of my ’good’ rares seem to fit into this deck so this is what i put together. advice is greatly appreciated in terms of what needs to be taken out, toned down, looked for, added, etc. it is just the free peeps as i am still looking and learning about all the new shadow sides.

30 Cards total

Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Companions:
1 Legolas, Of the Grey Company
1 Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien
1 Rumil, Brother of Haldir
1 Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men
1 Celeborn, The Wise
1 Elrond, Witness to History
1 Radagast, The Brown
1 Gil-Galad, Elven High King

Gear:
4 Elven Bow
1 Nenya, Ring of Adamant
1 Hadafang
1 Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade

Followers:
1 Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer

Events:
2 Seclusion
4 Many Miles
4 Nocked

Conditions:
4 Elven Marksmanship

Well, for what it’s worth, there’s my first posted deck. I don’t have a site path as I am still trying to find a good shadow. Too much focus on archery? Should the deck be bigger (wasn’t sure if 30 cards is going to be too small)? Do I need doubles of some companions (Elrond seems pretty sweet). I have a copy of Cirdan and Glorfindel (him in instead of Celeborn?) but no Elrohir or Elladan (would love to get both). All suggestions welcome! Thanks!

p.s. love the site!
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:31 pm
Cut Gil-Galad and add Aragorn, Driven by Need and Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. I would use Rumil, Silvan Elf over Rumil, Brother of Haldir. Legolas wounds anyway, so he’s still an archer.

Pull Galadriel and run Frodo, Weary from the Journey with The One Ring, The Ring of Doom and Merry, Swordthain +4x Shadowplay. And nothing should get past archery. Anything that does won’t get past Eowyn.

Cut Nenya and add Riddermark Javelin + Sword Rack. +1 archery every site.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah take NB’s advice. it sounds good
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
the angry orc
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:17 pm
many thanks! quick question...do rumil, silvan elf and frodo, weary from the journey come in the aragorn hunters starter or the mauhur one?

i actually think i have everything else you mentioned. i had one rules question also...merry st can be returned to my hand even if i don’t have up to 2 possessions to play? since it says ’up to 2’...0 is an acceptable number correct?

thanks!
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:20 pm
Actually, they come in the Uruk-Hai Rampage Rise of Saruman Starter.

And Merry can be returned to hand for any reason at all.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard