LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
mm doughnuts
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:45 pm
yeah it doesn’t seem like it’s "transfering" if it doesn’t go anywhere.
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:12 am
I would assume that transferring follows pretty much the same rules for all cards as are listed for transferring cards in the fellowship phase in the Comprehensive rules 4.0. It must be another eligible bearer and you must meet all requirements and pay all costs.

For transferring followers, since it doesn’t say that you have to transfer them from the support area, you can do a companion to companion transfer in the second maneuver phase. Since it is a transfer, it must be "another" eligible bearer per the transfer rules in the Comprehensive rules document.

Quote:
You may transfer an artifact or possession between your Free People’s characters...

Both characters involved...

The cost involved in the transfer is the Aid cost listed on the follower.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:49 pm
That seems to make sense. Thanks! GP

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:04 pm
I wouldn’t think so. It doesn’t say from one to another under aid, itsimply says transfer to. Not from any location.

BIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:25 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
All cards do exactly what they say. There, was that good enough? Wink

I think in this case, since there’s no ruling, we go to the closest ruling available, and in this case, you can’t transfer a follower to the same companion.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:48 am
NBarden wrote:
I wouldn’t think so. It doesn’t say from one to another under aid, itsimply says transfer to. Not from any location.

BIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If we are going by the written rules, the definition for how followers work says "transfer". Since it doesn’t give any detail other than in the definition of Aid (the transfer happens in the Maneuver phase and the follower must go to a companion), we go look up the definition of transfer in the comprehensive rules 4.0 and by definition, it says it must go from one place to another (transfer between... characters). If it doesn’t wind up in a different location than it started, than it hasn’t transferred at all. The first time the Follower is attached in a turn, it must be transferred from the support area (move from support area to companion). In the second maneuver phase, it must be moved from companion to companion.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Hedgehog81
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:04 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Hey,

I have a Solo Frodo deck, and I usually transfer Daddy Twofoot on my first move in order to take a Shire event into hand from my discard pile. If I double-move, can I transfer him to Frodo again to take another Shire event into hand?

Thanks,

- AC

Shame on you I think u can’t do this
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:33 am
Okay. AC, use Sam, Bearer of Great Need and throw it to your support area in the regroup phase. Wink
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Hedgehog81
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:43 am
NBarden wrote:
Okay. AC, use Sam, Bearer of Great Need and throw it to your support area in the regroup phase. Wink

Finally NBarden found the solution Mr. Green
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:16 am
In a Solo Frodo deck? Think Laughing

If I have Sam and Frodo in the deck, I can just transfer it to one the first move and to the other on the second move. But I suppose that Sam, Bearer of Great Need’s text would be nice if he was the RB for a Solo Sam deck.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions