LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
dunhawk
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:16 am
My questions is how minion cultures overlap since they have been changed by the game developers as the game as progressed. Examples:
Did Moria Sauron become Orc . So if a minion says you must spot a Orc minion to play can I also spot a Moria minion or a Sauron. What about the other way around.
Also what about Isengard and Uruk-hai
and Raider and Men .
It seems like especially for isengard and uruk-hai and raider and evil men that these should be transferable.
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:28 am
What happened was when the set Shadows came out, Decipher decided instead of mixing different races (Orc, Uruk-hai, ect.) in the different cultures, that each race would get their own culture. Orcs are now Orc, uruk-hai are now Uruk-hai, and evil men are now Men. Cards that say "To play, spot an Orc minion." for example means you must have a minion of that culture in play. If a card such as Broad-Bladed Sword were being played, it could target an Uruk-hai uruk-hai because the card doesn’t specify culture, it only specifys race. So they aren’t transferable as far as culture goes, but if you play a card that specifys race and not culture, these can target the newer-culture minions.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
foresight is correct Cool GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
dunhawk
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:53 pm
that is what I thought but i think it is annoying that they would do it that way. good guy cultures dont have to deal with all of that.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:04 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
True, but Decipher hasn’t made alot of sense in a lonnnggg time sadly.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:15 am
bobtheorc wrote:

HA! Good one bob. Yeah the death of the old cultures was tragic, and the only overlap was Wraith and to an extent uruks as some cards say urk-hai not Uruk-hai. But again why the Wraith stayed the same while everything else changed is only explained by bto’s quote above.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Just making sure everyone knows, those cultures aren’t interchangable.

I’m not sure if any of you actually specified that.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:01 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
lem0nhead wrote:
bobtheorc wrote:

HA! Good one bob. Yeah the death of the old cultures was tragic, and the only overlap was Wraith and to an extent uruks as some cards say urk-hai not Uruk-hai. But again why the Wraith stayed the same while everything else changed is only explained by bto’s quote above.

There’s also Gollum...
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions