LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:05 pm
--- description ---
Sauron Orcs that add threats, overwhelm companions, and eventually corrupt the ring-bearer! Not a besieger in sight, this isn’t your typical Sauron Orc deck.
--- end description ---

Hey guys, this is my first real attempt at making a Sauron deck. Let me know if there’s any cards I might get my hands on or change in the deck. The Freeps side uses A New Light to get back minions. (Gosh I love that card, though it wouldn’t be as useful if Decipher actually worded it the way it was meant to be worded.)

Minions (24)

Orc Officer x4
Mordor Veteran x4
Mordor Guard x4
Orc Rager x4
Mordor Warrior x2
Mordor Assassin x2
Advance Marauder x2
Orc Assault Band
Orc Savage

Conditions (2)

Barren Land x2

Events (4)

The Ring Is Mine! x4

Possessions (1)

Grond, Hammer of the Underworld

Artifacts (3)

Throne of the Dark Lord x2
Ithil Stone

---

It’s simple, straight-forward, and has the possibility to really dominate. Exert 3 Sauron orcs with Mordor Guard to add 3 threats, use Mordor Veteran to remove those threats to make a Sauron orc strength +8, and when a Sauron orc overwhelms a companion, Orc Officer makes them pay by adding 3 burdens. Each time they do, play The Ring Is Mine! to add salt to their wounds. Throne of the Dark Lord can be the game-ender for a region 3 or 2 corruption (Rarely a region 1 corruption). Ithil Stone and Barren Land help you to get more minions out for exerting with Mordor Guard. Mordor Assassin goes on the ring-bearer each time you overwhelm a companion, for a potential RB kill. Advance Marauder, Orc Assault Band, and Orc Savage are really due to lack of options. Though 4 Orc Savages would really be what I want in that slot of 4 minions. Twisted Evil Grond to keep conditions/possessions in check. So, I know this deck may have some flaws, anybody have any suggestions?
Last edited by Foresight on Mon May 28, 2007 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Dravius
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:13 am
I would cut the advance marauder and the mordor warrior and replace those with mordor trooper x4.

If you have enough vitality to add 3 threats twice (meaning 6 threats), the veteran will give you a + 16 strenght, while the trooper hase the potential to give you + 18, and have 8 of those cards helps you having the right combo right on time.

Oh and for the marauder, +6 is good but you NEED your vitality to exert for the mordor guard.

Remember, both are skirmish abilities, you can 1st add threats, then remove them, then add some more to remove them again, so the more vitality you have, the better it is.
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:11 am
I don’t like Mordor Trooper’s 2 vitality. The main focus was to get all 3 costing 9 strength 3 vitality orcs, because it’s the cheapest 3 vitality you’re gonna get out of Sauron. (Unless I’m missing some really good cards from my binder)
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:09 am
I used to use a deck like this and with Orc Officer you have to use Enduring evil. Its a simple powerful combo. Stick some of those in and youre well away, nice deck.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:18 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah enduring evil would be...evil Twisted Evil sweet deck GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fishfleas
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:13 pm
I think he was shooting for a Standard deck, Enduring is not Standard legal.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
fishfleas wrote:

oh duh...well if you ever make it expanded make sure to add some.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:37 pm
fishfleas wrote:

Oops. d'oh! Fair enough. Damn good deck then.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard