LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
legoles3333
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:17 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
yes, i believe
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Anautikus
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:19 pm
i see..

any other comments/advice?
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
TheJord
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:32 am
No it means 4 burdens if you heal the ring-bearer twice.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:35 am
TheJord wrote:
No it means 4 burdens if you heal the ring-bearer twice.

Dark Temptation x4 just means that for each copy of it, you can heal the RB twice to add a burden. So, in order to add 4 burdens, you would have to heal the RB 8 times (Gimli, Bearer of Grudges with The One Ring, Answer to all Riddle and Endurance of Dwarves x4?).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:15 pm
NBarden wrote:
Where’s Resistance Becomes Unbearable and Wraith World? Exhaust the Ring-Bearer, make him wear the One Ring, wham! Three Burdens.

I completely agree. What kind of a twilight nazgul deck doesn’t want your opponent to wear the One Ring (well, apart from yours)!
The twilight Attea is pretty useless, so I’d just put in more copies of twilight Enquea and the Witch-King.
I’d also consider a fell beast or two as it helps the Witch-King add loads of burdens.
I’d still put in Wraith-World and possibly the twilight world, as the ring-bearer’s going to have to wear the One Ring when the Witch-King and Enquea start wounding him to death!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anautikus
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:11 pm
oh. so dark temptation doesn’t work like rout or under the wartching eye or any of those cards? the "Each time cards." so like, for hearts raised, u need to discard for cards if there are 4 copies out? o.O
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:42 pm
You’re right, and the reason for the difference is this:
Dark temptation triggers off playing a nazgul, so having four copies of the card out allows you to trigger all 4 after playing only 1 nazgul. BUT, you do them in order, so the first one heals the ring-bearer twice. In order for the next one to work (although the ability still triggers) you need to heal the ring-bearer an additional two times.

Hearts raised is slightly different - it is not an ’each time card’, as you put it. At the start of the regroup phase, for each copy out, you may discard a card from hand to remove a threat. So 4 copies allows you to discard between 0 and 4 cards to remove 0-4 threats.

Hope that makes sense.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anautikus
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:59 pm
thx!
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open