LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:35 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Nah, I’d rather leave him at 9, especially with the reduced cost reduction.

Dáin’s DC Duos #233

You might have wondered what sort of possessions William, Bill Huggins might be grabbing with his maneuver ability. Sure, he can get stuff like Cave Troll’s Hammer, Unwieldy Cudgel (and, oddly, things like Mordor Scimitar and Bladed Gauntlets), but here’s the stuff that makes his ability REALLY useful. Enjoy!

2 Troll’s Purse Orc
Possession
Bearer must be Bert, Tom, or William. Limit 1 per bearer.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may add a threat or exert a companion or ally in that skirmish.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent that wound.
“Trolls’ purses are the mischief, and this was no exception.”

OK, but I’d take out the choice and make it only one of them, or give the choice to the Free Peoples player.

2 Sack Orc
Possession
At the end of the assignment phase, you may discard this possession to capture an unassigned companion. Bearer may not be assigned to a skirmish until the end of the turn.
Regroup: Exert bearer twice and discard this possession to capture a companion.
“...before Balin, who was wondering where in all this commotion Bilbo was, knew what was happening, a sack was over his head, and he was down.”

Nice, I like it.

Loved the trolls beforehand as well, by the way.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Troll’s Purse Orc
Possession
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may add a threat or exert a companion or ally in that skirmish.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent that wound.
“Trolls’ purses are the mischief, and this was no exception.”

OK, but I’d take out the choice and make it only one of them, or give the choice to the Free Peoples player.

I opted to give the choice to the FP player.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:48 am
Just one review? d'oh! I’d prefer at least one more before moving on....

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:55 pm
I won’t go through the trouble of quoting just to say they look good. Thumbs Up
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yep they work for me!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:46 pm
Cool. Thank you, gentlemen. Thumbs Up

Dáin’s DC Duos #234

Here’s a couple response events for the ’Terrible Troll Trio’ (which I think I’ll call them from here on out) to use. Enjoy!

2 Copped Orc
Event • Response
If a Troll is about to win a skirmish, remove a threat and cancel that skirmish to capture a wounded companion in that skirmish.
“‘Ere, ’oo are you?’”

2 That’ll Teach ‘Em Orc
Event • Response
If a Troll wins a skirmish, assign it to a companion in that skirmish again (and add 1 if that companion is a Dwarf). The Free Peoples player may exert that companion to prevent this.
“Trolls simply detest the very sight of dwarves (uncooked).”

Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:50 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Dáin’s DC Duos #234

Here’s a couple response events for the ’Terrible Troll Trio’ (which I think I’ll call them from here on out) to use. Enjoy!

2 Copped Orc
Event • Response
If a Troll is about to win a skirmish, remove a threat and cancel that skirmish to capture a wounded companion in that skirmish.
“‘Ere, ’oo are you?’”

Brilliantly articulate lore text! Nice card.

2 That’ll Teach ‘Em Orc
Event • Response
If a Troll wins a skirmish, assign it to a companion in that skirmish again (and add 1 if that companion is a Dwarf). The Free Peoples player may exert that companion to prevent this.

’If a Troll wins a skirmish involving a companion...’ Like it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:52 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Dáin’s DC Duos #234

2 Copped Orc
Event • Response
“‘Ere, ’oo are you?’”

Capturing Characters is overpowered, IMO. Other than that, great!

2 That’ll Teach ‘Em Orc
Event • Response

Great lore. I love that line. But anyway’s, this could mean some serious beating up if you have a couple copies.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:54 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Dáin’s DC Duos #234

2 Copped Orc
Event • Response
“‘Ere, ’oo are you?’”
works for me. maybe add a exertion thing though

2 That’ll Teach ‘Em Orc
Event • Response

sure
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:52 am
Dáin’s DC Duos #235

Okay, here’s a couple more events for our Terrible Troll Trio™. Very Happy Enjoy!

1 What Are Yer? Orc
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Troll to choose one: add 1 for each Free Peoples race you can spot; or discard a follower.
“‘A burrahobbit?’ ‘What’s a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?’ ‘And can yer cook ‘em?’”

Here’s a way to get back some of the twilight you used on those expensive Trolls, or to take a potential pump away from a companion your Troll will be skirmishing. Either way, it hurts. Twisted Evil

3 A Gorgeous Row Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make a Troll enduring until the end of its skirmish.
“‘He caught hold of Tom’s leg—as well as he could, it was thick as a young tree-trunk—but he was sent spinning up into the top of some bushes, when Tom kicked the sparks up in Thorin’s face.’”

...though perhaps THIS hurts more. With their typically high vitality, this could be a killer!
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri May 25, 2007 9:27 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards