LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:07 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #235

Okay, here’s a couple more events for our Terrible Troll Trio™. Very Happy Enjoy!

2 What Are Yer? Orc
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Troll to choose one: add 1 for each Free Peoples race you can spot; or discard a follower.
“‘A burrahobbit?’ ‘What’s a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?’ ‘And can yer cook ‘em?’”

Here’s a way to get back some of the twilight you used on those expensive Trolls, or to take a potential pump away from a companion your Troll will be skirmishing. Either way, it hurts. Twisted Evil

Very nice.

2 A Gorgeous Row Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make a Troll enduring until the end of its skirmish.
“‘He caught hold of Tom’s leg—as well as he could, it was thick as a young tree-trunk—but he was sent spinning up into the top of some bushes, when Tom kicked the sparks up in Thorin’s face.’”

Even nicer! You don’t need ’until the end of its skirmish’, that should be a given.

...though perhaps THIS hurts more. With their typically high vitality, this could be a killer!

Fun stuff! It’s great that it’s a surprise!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:14 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 What Are Yer? Orc
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Troll to choose one: add 1 for each Free Peoples race you can spot; or discard a follower.
“‘A burrahobbit?’ ‘What’s a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?’ ‘And can yer cook ‘em?’”

I would drop the cost to 1. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 A Gorgeous Row Orc
Event • Skirmish
“‘He caught hold of Tom’s leg—as well as he could, it was thick as a young tree-trunk—but he was sent spinning up into the top of some bushes, when Tom kicked the sparks up in Thorin’s face.’”

I would raise the cost to 3. Neat card! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:33 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Made your recommended changes, AP. Thanks! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:59 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #235

Okay, here’s a couple more events for our Terrible Troll Trio™. Very Happy Enjoy!

1 What Are Yer? Orc
Event • Maneuver

Perfect. I love it.

Here’s a way to get back some of the twilight you used on those expensive Trolls, or to take a potential pump away from a companion your Troll will be skirmishing. Either way, it hurts. Twisted Evil

3 A Gorgeous Row Orc
Event • Skirmish

Um...cool. Do you have any ways to exert them a lot?

...though perhaps THIS hurts more. With their typically high vitality, this could be a killer!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:05 am
NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 A Gorgeous Row Orc
Event • Skirmish

Um...cool. Do you have any ways to exert them a lot?

A couple of their support cards exert them, and Tom and ESPECIALLY William tend to exert a lot for their abilities. It would be concievable to have of them exhausted by the time you play this, and with Tom having four vitality and William having five...well, you do the math. Twisted Evil

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:21 am
Dáin’s DC Duos #236

And finally, here’s a couple conditions for the Troll Trio, both of which involve stacking something on them. Very Happy Enjoy!

3 More To Come Yet Orc
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Remove a threat to play a Troll stacked here as if played from hand.
Maneuver: Spot a minion stacked here and discard this condition to capture a companion.
Regroup: If there are fewer than 2 cards stacked here, spot your Orc Troll to stack that minion here.
“‘...we’d best get out of the light.’”

1Three Very Large Persons Orc
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an Orc token here for each Troll you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and an Orc token from this condition to make a Troll strength +1 (or +2 if that Troll is Bert, Tom, or William) for each other Troll you can spot.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a Troll or this condition.
“But they were trolls. Obviously trolls. Even Bilbo, in spite of his sheltered life, could see that: from the great heavy faces of them, and their size, and the shape of their legs, not to mention their language, which was not drawing-room fashion at all, at all.”

And just like that, we’re done with the Orc culture!

I haven’t mentioned it until now, but there is ONE more culture in Lasting Alliances that hasn’t had any cards spoiled yet. It’s VERY small...so small that only one Duo (actually, a Trio) will cover it. Once the above cards get reviewed, I’ll post the the remaining three cards, and then we’ll start working on cleaning up the set and filling holes and such. Lasting Alliances is almost complete! Mr. Green
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri May 25, 2007 1:28 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

NBarden
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:25 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #236

And finally, here’s a couple conditions for the Troll Trio, both of which involve stacking something on them. Very Happy Enjoy!

3 More To Come Yet Orc
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: If there are fewer than 2 cards stacked here, spot your Orc Troll to stack that minion here.
Maneuver: Spot a minion stacked here and discard this condition to capture a companion.

Capturing again! GARH! Shadow Capturing is BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!

Had a problem with More Yet to Come?

2Three Very Large Persons Orc
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an Orc token here for each Troll you can spot.
Each Troll gains toil 2.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and an Orc token from this condition to make a Troll strength +2 for each other Troll you can spot.
“But they were trolls. Obviously trolls. Even Bilbo, in spite of his sheltered life, could see that: from the great heavy faces of them, and their size, and the shape of their legs, not to mention their language, which was not drawing-room fashion at all, at all.”

Unfortunately, this card is broken. Yes, broken. Are you familiar with how Forestguls work? Now give the already broken Troll Swarm an even more broken Toil 2? BROKEN!! Oh yeah, and after we drop 10 trolls on you, we’re gonna remove 2 to make this one strength + 20! BROKEN!

I haven’t mentioned it until now, but there is ONE more culture in Lasting Alliances that hasn’t had any cards spoiled yet. It’s VERY small...so small that only one Duo (actually, a Trio) will cover it. Once the above cards get reviewed, I’ll post the the remaining three cards, and then we’ll start working on cleaning up the set and filling holes and such. Lasting Alliances is almost complete! Mr. Green
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:30 am
NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Each Troll gains toil 2.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and an Orc token from this condition to make a Troll strength +2 for each other Troll you can spot.

Unfortunately, this card is broken. Yes, broken. Are you familiar with how Forestguls work? Now give the already broken Troll Swarm an even more broken Toil 2? BROKEN!! Oh yeah, and after we drop 10 trolls on you, we’re gonna remove 2 to make this one strength + 20! BROKEN!

Okay okay okay. How about I just drop the toil part?

Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:49 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #236

3 More To Come Yet Orc
Condition • Support Area

I like this one a lot. Nice!

Condition • Support Area
Each Troll gains toil 2.

NB’s right. Get rid of the toil and make it strength +1 for each (and if you really feel the need, add +2 if they’re one of the three very large persons).

'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:52 am
Okay. Changes made. Hope it’s better now.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards