LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:11 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Well, I know some people have questioned how it’s even possible in the past, but Lasting Alliances has about 60 sites. There’s a few reasons for this. For one thing, the set itself is over 500 cards now. (Yes, you read that right. Razz) Since it’s gotten so huge over time, I’ve decided to split it into two sets, possibly even three if it starts getting much bigger. But with that many cards, you’re going to have a good number of sites: compare to the first-ever LOTR TCG set, Fellowship of the Ring, which by comparison had 363 total cards, 44 of which were sites.

In fact, that’s an especially good example, because like that set (and all pre-Shadows sets), Lasting Alliances has an old-school sitepath, with all sites numbered from 1-9.

So, 60ish sites may SEEM like a lot, but keep those factors in mind, and I actually could have made more. Razz

As for why I’m posting these NOW, I know 60+ sites is a lot to take in, so I didn’t want to bore everyone to tears and do them in Duo format once the Orc culture is complete. So I’m going to knock them out in big groups, and I’m going to do it NOW so that once the Orc culture Duos are finished, all that will remain for the set is cleaning up the cultures (and possibly) sites, filling in holes and such, and we won’t have all the sites still hanging over our heads.

Anyway, enough justification: let’s get to the actual cards! Very Happy

The Lasting Alliances sitepath follows the journey of Bilbo, Gandalf, and Thorin and his Dwarves from the Bag End in the Shire to Erebor, the Lonely Mountain. So as you might have guessed, Site 1 is the lands around the Shire.

And here are the sites. Enjoy!

White The Hill
Site 1 [LA]
Dwelling. Fellowship: Play a Dwarf and spot a Hobbit or Wizard to draw a card.

Alternatively, I thought about doing "Play a Hobbit and spot a Dwarf or Wizard to draw a card." Which do you think is better?

White The Water
Site 1 [LA]
River. When the fellowship moves from this site, remove 1 for each Hobbit in the fellowship.

White Under-Hill
Site 1 [LA]
Dwelling. Fellowship: Spot three races in the fellowship and add 1 to play a tale from your draw deck (limit twice).

White Bywater
Site 1 [LA]
River. When the fellowship moves from this site, remove 1 for each race in the fellowship over 2.

White The Great Mill
Site 1 [LA]
Dwelling. River. At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert a Hobbit to play a Hobbit or Shire possession from your draw deck.

White Bywater Road
Site 1 [LA]
The twilight cost of each mount is -1.

Don’t worry...there are some more interesting site names later. Razz
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri May 25, 2007 8:14 am; edited 11 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:22 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
The Hill
Site 1 [LA]

Catchy Title. Give it the Mountain Keyword. I like this one, over the play a hobbit.

Alternatively, I thought about doing "Play a Hobbit and spot a Dwarf or Wizard to draw a card." Which do you think is better?

The Water
Site 1 [LA]
River. When the fellowship moves from this site, remove 1 for each Hobbit in the fellowship.

Cool. Another great title.

Under-Hill
Site 1 [LA]
Dwelling. Fellowship: Spot two races in the fellowship and add 2 to play a tale from your draw deck.

What deck won’t have two races, I mean, with no ARB’s in your set, really, then...come on. But also notice that you can do this an infinite number of times. This card is begging to be broken.

Bywater
Site 1 [LA]
River. When the fellowship moves from this site, remove 1 for each race in the fellowship over 1.

See previous comment.

The Great Mill
Site 1 [LA]
Dwelling. River. At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert a Hobbit to play a Hobbit or Shire possession from your draw deck.

Nice. Drag out some hobbits.

Bywater Road
Site 1 [LA]

And...nobody would use it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:28 pm
Heh. "The Hill" and "The Water" are directly from The Hobbit, actually. They seem like very silly names, but blame that on Tolkien. Razz

I made several changes. Hope they’re a little better now.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:29 pm
But "The Hill" is not a mountain!
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:31 pm
It’s an awfully small hill, though...it’s where Bag End is. Think I’ll do it if you really think I should, but personally, I don’t think it qualifies as a "mountain". Razz

Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:17 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
And here are the sites. Enjoy!

White The Hill
Site 1 [LA]

Better the way you have it now, and it’s DEFINITELY not a mountain!

White The Water
Site 1 [LA]

Good.

White Under-Hill
Site 1 [LA]
Dwelling. At the start of the fellowship and maneuver phases, you may spot two races in the fellowship and add 2 (or 1 if you can spot three races in the fellowship) to play a tale from your draw deck.

Too complicated, and if it’s site 1 only you won’t be there for the maneuver phase. Take out the clause in brackets, or replace the main one with the brackets.

White Bywater
Site 1 [LA]
River. When the fellowship moves from this site, remove 1 for each race in the fellowship over 2.

Good. These sites have a bit of a ’classic’ feel to them.

White The Great Mill
Site 1 [LA]

Great stuff! Like I said, a real classic feel.

White Bywater Road
Site 1 [LA]

Good

Don’t worry...there are some more interesting site names later. Razz

Out of curiosity, why did you chose to abandon the shadows system of sites? Or did you simply make your cards before the site path was changed?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:01 pm
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Under-Hill
Site 1 [LA]
Dwelling. At the start of the fellowship and maneuver phases, you may spot two races in the fellowship and add 2 (or 1 if you can spot three races in the fellowship) to play a tale from your draw deck.

Too complicated, and if it’s site 1 only you won’t be there for the maneuver phase. Take out the clause in brackets, or replace the main one with the brackets.

Okay, I cleaned it up.

Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Bywater
Site 1 [LA]

Good. These sites have a bit of a ’classic’ feel to them.

Good! That’s what I was going for. Smile

Thranduil wrote:
Out of curiosity, why did you chose to abandon the shadows system of sites? Or did you simply make your cards before the site path was changed?

Actually, I started these just after Shadows was released, but I wanted to go with the old sitepath (for this set, at least) because it just seemed to make sense for The Hobbit. I have it all mapped out in a way that actually makes sense, too, even the sanctuaries. I think you’ll like it. I hope so, at least.

BTW, GP to both you and NB for reviewing. Thanks!

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
these were boring Laughing but they worked.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:48 pm
I bet that Rivendell and Laketown are the sanctuaries.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:51 pm
Beorn’s house seems more obvious to me.

1-Shire
2-Trollshaws
3-Rivendell
4-Misty Mountains
5-Warg Country
6-Beorn’s House
7-Mirkwood
8-Lake-town
9-The Lonely Mountain

Just my guesses. Am I right?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards