LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
TheJord
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:30 pm
If your Uruk wins can you remove a token from each of these to exert 4 companions?

I ask because of the questions brought up saying that Dark Temptation can only add one burden even if there is 4 out as you pay the cost of

A)Playing a Nazgul
B)Healing the ring-bearer twice

for the first card and so only get to add one.

For Deathly Roar, would it work to pay the costs

A)Uruk winning a skirmish
B)Removing a token

to exert a companion and repeat with each copy of Deathly Roar?
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:30 pm
Yep, for each copy of Deathly Roar, you can remove an Uruk-hai token to exert a companion. So, with 4 copies you could remove 4 tokens to place 4 exertions.

And since Deathly Roar doesn’t say that the Uruk-hai token has to be removed from that specific card, you can remove the token from something else like Weapons of Control or Fortitude.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:12 pm
Each card has its own cost for its own effect. So, for each exertion, you have to remove a token.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:51 pm
Think of it this way: Deathly Roar and Dark Temptation are both triggered when a specific situation occurs, but how you get the effects on them both is very much different. You read one copy of Deathly Roar, after you’ve finished doing the effect of that one, go the next one and do that one’s trigger/action, and so on. The same can be said for Dark Temptation: you read one copy of Dark Temptation, after you’ve finished doing the effect of that one, go the next one and do that one’s trigger/action, and so on.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:13 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
So for Dark Temptation you could use 4 copies but you would have to heal the ring bearer 8 times to do the effect, correct?
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:15 pm
Correct, BtO.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
meh the cards you see...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:24 pm
This is BROKEN.

An uruk wins a skirmish, and because the wounds aren’t placed yet, DR triggers 4x, kill.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 pm
No, the wounds for losing the skirmish are placed before Deathly Roar exerts anybody.
All cards do what they say.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:53 pm
Look in the comprehensive rules. The result of winning or losing a skirmish is declared after both players have consecutively passed. This is what Promise keeping and of course deathly roar can respond to.

then the final wounds are placed.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions