LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:34 am
I’ve had an idea for a while, inspired by Aragorn, Defender of Rohan, to make a small set based on messing around with the cultures of characters and such like. I have no idea what to call it (thoughts would be much appreciated), but it’s currently a 75 card set with a culture break-down of the following (yes, it features every culture ever printed):

Dunland - 1
Dwarven - 6
Elven - 7
Gandalf - 4
Gollum - 5
Gondor - 7
Isengard - 2
Men - 10
Moria - 1
Orc - 10
Raider - 1
Rohan - 5
Sauron - 3
Shire - 5
Uruk-hai - 3
Wraith - 2
[Sites] - 3

Here are some starters for you.

4 ●Aragorn, Estel of Rivendell Elven
Companion * Man
Str: 8
Vit: 4
Res: 8
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may heal an Elven Elf.
R 9

4 ●Elrond, Son of Earendil Gondor
Companion * Elf
Res: 7
Knight. Each time Elrond wins a skirmish, you may heal an Gondor Man.
R 27

4 ●Saruman, Orc-Breeder Orc
Minion ● Wizard
Sit: 4
Mounted Orcs cannot be exerted.
Shadow: Exert Saruman and remove 1 to play an Orc from your discard pile.
Skirmish: Discard an Orc card from play to play a mount from hand on your Orc. It’s twilight cost is -2.
R 47

8 ●The Witch-King, General of Mordor Sauron
Minion ● Nazgul
Str: 14
Sit: 3
Besieger.
Each time the Witch-King wins a skirmish, you may add a token to a Sauron engine or exert 3 Besiegers to take control of a site.
R 62

That’s a good place to start. And there are cards I don’t have texts for yet, and I may ask some of you to make it... Laughing

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun May 13, 2007 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:58 am
Cool stuff. The only thing I would change is Aragorn’s text, so that is says "Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may heal an Elven Elf."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
have you seen BW thread along the same lines as this one?
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3849
they look cool though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:02 pm
No I haven’t, but characters in different cultures is not all there is to my set...
Thanks for pointing it out.

And here’s an example of what I mean:

3 Soldier of Dunland Men Dunland
Minion ● Man
Str: 9
Vit: 1
While you can spot 3 Dunland cards, each other Men Man’s site number is -1 (no less than 3).
C 38

(that one’s under Men above, not Dunland)

2 ●Dunland Rags Men
While you can spot a Dunland Man, each Men Man gains the Dunland culture, and each Dunland Man gains the Men culture.
Response: If a Dunland Man with 1 vitality is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent it.
U 35

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
No I haven’t, but characters in different cultures is not all there is to my set...
Thanks for pointing it out.

And here’s an example of what I mean:

3 Soldier of Dunland Men Dunland
Minion ● Man
Str: 9
Vit: 1
While you can spot 3 Dunland cards, each other Men Man’s site number is -1 (no less than 3).
C 38
very weird a double cultured card...next thing there will be a card with 2 characters in it Laughing

2 ●Dunland Rags Men
While you can spot a Dunland Man, each Men Man gains the Dunland culture, and each Dunland Man gains the Men culture.
Response: If a Dunland Man with 1 vitality is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent it.
U 35

rags...:lol nice.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:05 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
How ’bout plagiarizing MTG and calling the cards "Cultureshifted" ones? The set could be named "Cultureshifting", or perhaps "The Lord of The Rings: What if?", or something like "Alliances" or anything like that.
I don't like YOU.
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:14 pm
Yeah, it’s not exactly the same... Smile
I’m just doing the fellowship, he’s got characters from everywhere...

(As of now, I’ve got 3 Frodo, 3 Sam, 1 Merry, 5 Pippin, 3 Gandalf, 3 Aragorn, 1 Boromir, 2 Gimli, 1 Legolas out of 16 each - so Pippin’s over 25% completed, and is the only one)

Soldier of Dunland is definitely interesting... I’d be tempted to remove the limit from the ability though... Although Dunland Rags makes me tempted not to.

That said, Dark Minions uses a similar approach... Although it doesn’t use the new cultures, it does allow you to use a Dunland/Isengard/Sauron fellowship with only Sauron pumps.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:24 pm
Sorry, hadn’t seen yours at all, neither have I really looked at Dark Minions. Also I have only one ’cultureshifted’ version of most characters (except Gandalf and Bilbo) and there’s also a huge emphasis in mine with combining old shadow cultures with the new ones.
I’ll check out these other threads in more detail, maybe I’ll get some nice ideas.

Okay, time for another two cards (or rather, the same card twice):

2 ●Bilbo, Adventurous Hobbit Dwarven
Companion ● Hobbit
Str: 3
Each companion of the same culture as Bilbo is resistance +1.

2 ●Bilbo, Adventurous Hobbit Elven
Companion ● Hobbit

GP to Felipe Musco! I think I’ll call it Alliances!
And to celebrate this, I think I’ll spoil this card:

1 Alliance Dwarven or Elven or Gandalf or Gondor or Gollum or Rohan or Shire
Event ● Fellowship or Maneuver
Spot a culture on a character to make another character gain that culture until the end of the regroup phase.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:46 pm
Thranduil wrote:

2 ●Bilbo, Adventurous Hobbit Dwarven
Companion ● Hobbit
make it for each tale you can spot limit +3

2 ●Bilbo, Adventurous Hobbit Elven
Companion ● Hobbit
ditto

1 Alliance Dwarven or Elven or Gandalf or Gondor or Gollum or Rohan or Shire
Event ● Fellowship or Maneuver
Spot a culture on a character to make another character gain that culture until the end of the regroup phase.

sure
"DáinIronfoot"
menace64
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:30 pm
I think Alliance in and of itself earns you a GP. It’s like Forth the Three Hunters! on crack! ... and it’s awesome!

You keep posting these. That’s an order.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards