LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:54 am
Great, but just to be absolutely clear, I’d but a comma after ’Bilbo’ in the first one.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 • Thief Barrel-Rider Shire
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time a Shadow player plays a minion, you may spot Bilbo and add a burden (or exert a companion) to make that minion unable to use special abilities until the regroup phase. That minion’s owner may make that minion strength -2 until the regroup phase to prevent that.
”’I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider….’”
R87
works for me

1 • Lazy Lob Shire
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Spot Bilbo to make each minion skirmishing a Dwarf strength -1 until the regroup phase (or -2 if that minion is a Spider) and make each Dwarf resistance +1 until the regroup phase. Limit once per phase.
”’…you are fat and lazy….’”
U88

um make it discard it. otherwise you get this the entire game. I know compared to G for Grand it isn’t incredible but still...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:58 pm
Done, but I also made it non-unique. Thanks for the reviews! Thumbs Up

1 Crazy Cob Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo to choose one: Make a Dwarf skirmishing a Spider strength +2; make each minion skirmishing Bilbo strength -2; or make each minion strength -1.
”’You cannot trap me, though you try….’”
C89

3 Far Exceeding His Size Shire
Event • Skirmish
Make Bilbo strength +X, where X is twice his strength minus the number of minions you can spot.
”…Mr. Baggins, who has proved himself a good companion on our long road, and a hobbit full of courage and resource….”
R90
I had to put something here.
legoles3333
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:15 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

1 Crazy Cob Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo to choose one: Make a Dwarf skirmishing a Spider strength +2; make each minion skirmishing Bilbo strength -2; or make each minion strength -1.
C89

wow solo bilbo just got a sweet new card

Event • Skirmish
Make Bilbo strength +X, where X is twice his strength minus the number of minions you can spot.
”…Mr. Baggins, who has proved himself a good companion on our long road, and a hobbit full of courage and resource….”
R90

and another
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:16 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

1 Crazy Cob Shire
Event • Skirmish
C89

You might as well get rid of the ’each’ bit of the last ability, unless you add ’until the regroup phase’ in which the case the cost needs to be increased. Fun.

Event • Skirmish
R90

LOTR has never had cards like this, and I’m quite glad. Otherwise, we get to the point of Star Wars CCG with a card like this: http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/anewhope/dark/large/commenceprimaryignition.html and it gets seriously ridiculous! Make it a less complicated effect.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:19 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

1 Crazy Cob Shire
Event • Skirmish
C89
should be until the regroup phase eon all of them IMHO

Event • Skirmish
R90

you could make it algebraic
Make Bilbo strength +2X-Y where X= his strength and Y= the number of minions you can spot Wink
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:56 pm
2 • Bilbo, Ringwinner Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 5
Vitality: 4
Resistance: Ring 6
Ring-bound.
Bilbo is resistance +1 for each of the following races you can spot: Dwarf, Spider, and Wizard.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bilbo, you must add 2 burdens or exert each unbound companion.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may add 1 to remove a burden or heal a companion.
”He put the ring in his pocket almost without thinking; certainly it did not seem of any particular use at the moment.”
R91

2 Fierce As a Dragon Shire
Event • Response
If Bilbo is assigned to skirmish a minion with strength higher than his, add a burden to make that minion strength –X until the regroup phase, where X is Bilbo’s vitality.
”He suddenly felt he would go without bed and breakfast to be thought fierce. As for little fellow bobbing on the mat it almost made him really fierce.”
U92
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Sat May 26, 2007 4:39 pm; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
Lost Heir
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:32 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
Bilbo is resistance +1 for each of the following races you can spot: Dwarf, Spider, and Wizard.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bilbo, you must add 2 burdens or exert each companion.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may add 1 to remove a burden or heal a companion.
”He put the ring in his pocket almost without thinking; certainly it did not seem of any particular use at the moment.”
R91

Nice!

Event • Response
If Bilbo is assigned to skirmish a minion with strength higher than his, add a burden to make that minion strength –X until the regroup phase, where X is Bilbo’s vitality.
”He suddenly felt he would go without bed and breakfast to be thought fierce. As for little fellow bobbing on the mat it almost made him really fierce.”
U92

Cool! I really like the lore on all these cards that you’ve been making.
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
Thranduil
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:55 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
At the start of each skirmish involving Bilbo, you must add 2 burdens or exert each unbound companion.
R91

Far too much text going on there. Here are my issues:
1) He shouldn’t become a better ring-bearer for opponents having spiders!
2) The resistance text is unnecessary, he’s hard enough as it is, but I’d consider it as ’While you can spot Gandalf, Bilbo’s resistance is +2’.
3) Exerting each unbound companion is only a disadvantage if you have unbound companions. It should say ’X’ unbound companions, which would mean if you can’t exert X companions, you have to add the burdens.
4) I don’t see much reason to make him strength 5 anyway. Personally, I would put his stats at the normal bilbo (so 3/4/8 ) and just give him the final ability.

Event • Response
U92

Too complicated. Make it a skirmish event and take out the first clause (up to ’add’).

Some great ideas, but I think they need whittling down.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:02 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound.
R91
cool!

Event • Response
U92

cut cost to 1
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards