LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:30 pm
Dwarf Drawing Machine with Orc Troll NPE Shadow
This is the deck I have been working on for about the last month.

Ring Bearer:
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Fellowship
Durin III, Dwarven Lord (starting)
Gloin, Son of Groin (starting)
Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain
Ring of Fury x2
Ring of Guile x2
Ring of Accretion x1
Axe of Khazad-Dum x3
Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon x1
Dwarven Bracers x2
Belt of Erebor x1
No Pauses No Spills x4
Blood Runs Chill x4
Out of Darkness x4
Dwarf Lords x4
Stalwart Support x2

Shadow
Porter Troll x4
Ordnance Grunt x4
Beastly Olog-Hai x4
Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace x2
Mountain Troll x2
Tower Troll x1
Orkish Smith x4
Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast x4
Beasts of Burden x2
Goblin Hordes x4
Forced March x2

Site Path
Abandened Mine-shaft
The Bridge of Khazad-Dum
Watch-tower of Cirith Ungol
Barazinbar
Cavern Entrance
Moria Stairway
Mount Doom
Moria Guardroom
Caves of Aglarond

And there it is.

I know that running only 3 companions is a little risky but these guys are tough. I only single move and use the card drawing ability of No Pauses no Spills and Out of Darkness along with the cycling ability of Stalwart Support to fill my hand with Trolls and a Keyward. By site 5 or 6 it is common to have 7 trolls and a Keyward that is without pulling anything from the discard pile with Goblin Hordes. So then Drop the Keyward exsert x2 and play trolls. Forced March and Repeat afer the Keyward gets killed in the skirmish phase pull him again with Hordes and viola!

Anyone who has played this shadow I would appreciate your input to make it more effective.
Thanks
Last edited by TheShyzle on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:57 pm; edited 3 times in totalLOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
throw in some of the new wargs to really add twilight with the key!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:46 pm
Yeah that is a good idea I did not think of that. Thanks.
LOOK HERE:
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:45 pm
If you looking for more out-of-the-fellowship-phase drawing for your Dwarves, try out Durability instead of Dwarf-lords. It’s a great strength boost + a free card draw at the right site.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:48 pm
I usually do run Durability but this site path is mostly underground so the card drawing isn’t always there. Thanks though. Cool
LOOK HERE:
Apopatos
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:58 am
With 4 out of darkness and 4 no pauses no spills you are gonna fill your dwarves with a lot of wounds so 2 more bracers and 2 more ring of fury to heal them a bit are necessary imo.

1gp from me because I’ve used a similar deck Wink
TheShyzle
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:40 am
Thanks App for the GP. I think 4 Ring of Fury is a bit much only because I don’t double move that much so the choke factor keeps the minions to a minimum so I don’t really lose too many skirmishes. The dwarves do have their weaknesses like evil men archery and ninja gollum or if someone pulls off a Fierce in Despair on Durin III. Thanks for the input. Very Happy
LOOK HERE:
gil-estel
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:20 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
I like Trolls a lot..negative playing experience? I’ve had worse. Walking to Neeker Breeker Bog’s every single walk is pretty boring if your Dwarves are bearing some burdens. In order to do some filtering I like Gloin, son of Groin. He’s a beast. If he wins you may draw 3 cards and stack 3 underneath your draw deck...awesome..Wait to see my new Lost to the Goblins...brrrr, cold chills down my spine.
Overall nothing else, but as mentioned before, add the wargs!
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:43 pm
I believe I may be of service Wink . First off, finally someone got smart and decided to take this deck for a test drive, and I commend you for it. Here are a list of changes that I would recommend, and please keep in mind when viewing them that I do have extensive experience playing with this deck (or at least a version of it).

-Try adding in a Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain, he is a tank with trolls and can provide you with an easy out in a tight spot.

-Drop two Orkish Worker since their effect is iffy at best and add in to replace it another Tower Troll as well as another Orkish Smith. The Smiths can be useful even if theyre ability is not being used since they can be spotted to play the numerous trolls that need to spot an Orc minion to be played. As for the Tower Trolls, they decimate large fellowships such as ones run by refuge decks with ease. No more bouncing hobbits! Twisted Evil

-I know from experience that even with the Keyward’s insane twilight adding ability, it can still be a challenge to get the Trolls on the table, so I suggest adding in a Beasts of Burden or two and take out the Unforgiving Depths. The ability provided by Beasts of Burden may seem small, but I’ve learned that sometimes two twilight can be a game breaker.

I sincerely hope this helps,

-PT
TheShyzle
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:47 pm
Thank you for your comments PT. I was hoping you would post on this. I was running skurrying Goblin in here instead of the worker and I do agree that when you play one and he doesn’t work then he sucks. Anyways here is a GP for your suggestions I will use them.
LOOK HERE:

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard