LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:29 am
--- description ---
Ive seen a few decks of late that use the Mumak commander to hurt the free peoples in a variety of ways, which isnt too hard to be fair; the guy is a beast. Two exertions or 4 with a pavise? Sweet. So how to finish off those companions with wounds or that are exhausted? Everyone’s favourite 4 strength minions: Ferny and Lackey! Then it’s the turn of your Rohan companions and their incredible vanishing magic!
--- end description ---

Shadow (46 cards 20 Men 26 Orc)

4x Mumak Commander Giant Among the Swertings
4x Bill Ferny Agent of Saruman
3x Pavise
3x Countless Companies
3x Pursuing Horde
3x Whistling Death

4x Orkish Lackey
4x Orkish Smith
3x Goblin Hordes
4x Unforgiving Depths
3x Black Land Chieftain
1x Saruman Servant of Sauron
3x Expendable Servants
3x Great Cost
1x Black Land Observer

Chuck out free conditions asap, so thats 10 cards that require no spotting and no twilight. Leaves 36 remaining. 6 companions are guarded against with the great costs and can be used as well as unforgiving depths to play the lackey using expendable servants in the maneuver. Then exert the MC with a pavise to target 2 people then pick them off with the orc. If you pull Bill, play him possibly with a pavise and assign him to the exhausted companions and whistling death them. Now who’s laughing at 4 strength. Mr. Green

Rinse lather repeat. NO Thorongil! You will not shoot everyone down because you have tasted your own medicine! Elves? Bah! They havent reached archery to shoot me! Muhaha! Twisted Evil

Stack pavise if MK or Bill die or when they get discarded on the CC’s to replay every turn as im sure there will be 3 posessions out.
Black land guys add threats for when the companions die in the maneuver phase or skirmish. Hordes pulls them back or the smiths to recycle unforgiving depths.

Saruman goes on the Mumak Commander or Bill for when they win and creates more choice exerting. Pursuing hordes gives you free twilight.

Free Peoples (46 cards 44 Rohan 2 Shire)

Starting
The One Ring Such a Weight to Carry
Frodo Weary from the Journey
Eomer Horsemaster
Theodred Second Marshal of the Mark

Theoden The Renowned x2
Eowyn Northwoman
Haethen Veteran Fighter x2
Aragorn Defender of Rohan
Gamling The Old
Riders Mount x3
Firefoot Eomers Steed
Spear of the Mark x4
Riddermark Javelin x2
Freely Across Our Land x2
Throne of the Golden Hall
Kings Board
Ferthu Theoden Hal x2
Hurried Barrows x3
Last Days of my House x4
Brilliant Light x2
Eomers Spear Trusty Weapon
Fey he Seemed x2
Where now the Horse x4
Hobbit Sword x2
Ride With Me x2
Rohan Worker

Tactic here is to get a few companions out. Doesnt matter if you go to six companions as you can easily get rid of some if you start getting punished. Thats the idea in fact. Use guys like Theoden and Haethen to take wounds/threats exertions or whatever until they are exhausted. Make sure they have a mount and a spear so they are defender +1. Then they take on 2 nasty minions and you give 1 to Frodo. Play where now the horse on his skirmish but intend to lose it and make the rohan companion vanish! Poof! Minions are left wondering where their foe has gone. Hehe.
Seeing as they are only discarded they can be replayed or fetched using last days of my house. Doesn’t matter if it’s a different companion either, as there are quite a few. Of course Eomer is your tank. Give him his horse for condition removal and his spear and then cycle uneccessary cards with his game text. The throne prevents any directed wounds on your exhausted guys and there are plenty of pumps for big minions plus the emergency hurried barrows for when you need +3 strength.

Let me know what you think of my deck as its my first post! Cheers
Last edited by lem0nhead on Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:54 am; edited 3 times in total
corvus
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:23 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
First of all! Welcome! i greet thee! GP for you. You can use it to get yourself an avatar and a sig, and many more pretty things in the forum shops.

Deck designs can be whatever you wish, one side, both, it’s totally up to you. It never hurts getting a nice combo idea to stick with however, if you’re not too busy later, edit it a bit. I would probably go with Dwarves to recycle with Thorin and clamour of many voices.

46 seems pretty huge to me, dunno about you Think maybe it works perfectly, so i’ll let that on you.

I will try giving you a similar deck list to help you out a bit.

4x Mumak Commander Giant Among the Swertings
3x Bill Ferny Agent of Saruman
3x Pavise
3x Countless Companies
3x Mouth of Sauron (evil men)
3x Whistling Death

4x Orkish Lackey
3x Orkish Smith
4x Goblin Hordes
4x Unforgiving Depths
3x Great Cost

What i did might seem point less, but 37 is much faster to settle and especially with mouth os Sauron to fetch 4 cards. Hope you like it! Enjoy!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:32 am
Hey Corvus! Nice to see you, I’ve finally moved over here from the d boards as people actually seem to be bothered about deck posts over here! 46 is because in my local game with 3 other people in mulitplayer i shift through this deck. Eomer throws away anything im not using as its any rohan card for +2, and the shadow conditions are free and no spotting requirements so gets out quite well. Plus bill and the lackey are peanuts, you just need pool for the Commander.

Although granted, your changes do make for a little more refined deck. Good alterations, i can see i could sacrifice a Bill, Saruman and the threat adders to reduce size. But against 3 other people, im going to reek havoc with my Chieftains when i snipe off their most needed companion Very Happy

Thanks for the GP i want my lemonhead avatar!
corvus
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:33 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Then go get it! And please look at my deck as well!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:40 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Pretty sweet deck! I love the Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings + Orkish Lackey combo!! That’s any 3 V unbound companion dead!! Maybe even 4 V, if Mumak Commander wins his skirmish.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:57 pm
Well, for those of us without the money to afford the Mumak Commander, try this neat little combo:

Black Land Overlord x4
Black Land Chieftain x4
Black Land Observer x4
Orkish Lackey x4
Goblin Hordes x4
Orkish Smith x3
Unforgiving Depths x3
Great Cost x4

The strategy here is pretty obvious, load up on threats with Chieftain, exert with Overlord, finish off with Lacky. Use Hordes to lather, rinse, and repeat.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:32 am
Hey thats a neat little twist on my deck i like it! GP!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:15 am
Having used this deck a few times now so that im used to it i wanted to make a change to it. The lackey works so well i dont need bill ferny and whistling death. So instead im putting a few copies of grima footman of saruman in. Maneuver exert the MC twice exhaust someone, lackey kills, and grima exerts every companion. How nasty is that? Twisted Evil If he has a pavise and you have two lackeys or an expendable servants he exerts everyone twice! Then if you have more lackeys there should be more exhausted companions.... Ooooh getting carried away, im going to go sit down before i corrupt myself with evil.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
wraithsonwings
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:17 am
hey aragorn, is there a way to incorporate Orkish Invaders in that deck?
"We travel light, Let's hunt some Orc".

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard