LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Ransom
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:16 pm
In a muti-player game, is it legal for me and another shadow player to both have a copy of the same unique card in play? In other words, is it completely unique, or just unique to each player?
In marble walls as white as milk, lined with skin as soft as silk, within the fountain crystal clear a golden apple doth appear. What am I?
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:30 pm
You cannot play a unique card if another copy of that card is already in play and active.
All cards do what they say.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:53 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I’d also like to note that it is possible for such a situation to occur. If player A has already played one copy of a Shadow condition, and then player B plays the exact same condition when player A has his FP turn, then when player C is the Freeps player, you’d have two copies of the condition out!

However, only one of them is active. Both copies are not active.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheJord
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:35 pm
In a multiplayer game, would this apply to unique conditions in the 2 Shadows players support areas?
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
BattleWarg
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:27 pm
TheJord wrote:
In a multiplayer game, would this apply to unique conditions in the 2 Shadows players support areas?

see CG’s response.

Although, if they aren’t active, if they play Sleep, Caradhras and yours is the non-active condition, is it discarded?
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
ingold55
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:31 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
In answer to battleWarg, (if i am correct) yes it is discarded. "discard all conditions."
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
BattleWarg
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:33 pm
ingold55 wrote:
In answer to battleWarg, (if i am correct) yes it is discarded. "discard all conditions."

But you wouldn’t discard your opponent’s FP conditions because they aren’t active. So does it become active between the time the other one is discarded and the event is finished (and thus savable by preventing the other condition from being discarded)?
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:03 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I might have worded it slightly wrong...what I meant was, only the gametext of one condition is active. So while you could have 2x Worry in play, only one’s gametext would be active. But Caradhras would discard both.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheJord
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:31 am
And how do you decide which condition is active?
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:32 am
I’m pretty sure it’s the first Shadow player to the right.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions