LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
FortunesRazor
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:18 am
Has anyone used A New Light? It seems like it would be a great card, but I was wondering about some other input.

I mean you can return a weak minion to a shadow players hand, then discard a massive minion from thier hand.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:20 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
IF they have a massive one, of course. That’s the risk you run.

But yes, it does seem like a pretty neat card, doesn’t it?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
FortunesRazor
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:22 am
You only have to spot a wizard not exert and it’s only 1 twilight so you don’t really have much of a risk at all. Plus you get to see thier hand, then you may or may not want to play a high costed card. Worst case scenario is that you discard the minion you put in thier hand and give them 1 twilight.

Well worst would be revealing four Eye of Barad-dur’s.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:12 am
It’s even better if you return a minion to your hand, since you ignore the part that discards a minion (since you aren’t a Shadow player). That can really boost your Shadow to have 4 of this for your Freeps.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
in fact that is one of its main used I see in player made decks on here. pretty funny because I doubt that is what it was designed to do.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Dravius
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:50 pm
You can also use this card to grab a minion of yours into your hand (a big, bad the witch-king, captain of the nine riders) can be good too.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
Foresight
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:53 pm
Dravius wrote:
You can also use this card to grab a minion of yours into your hand (a big, bad the witch-king, captain of the nine riders) can be good too.

That’s the only reason I use the card. It actually helped me to construct an interesting solo-minion deck. If it did what it was intended to do, I probably wouldn’t have ever used the card. Laughing
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion