LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
LunaticFringe
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:16 pm
"And don’t say I’m blindly dissmissing something and being silly. I’m dissmissing it because it could have stolen sales from D..."

Thinking that SDA stole sales from Decipher is silly enough as it is. The only thing that ever stole sales from Decipher was Decipher themselves, with an absolute lack of support for a two year period for their own player base, a lack of communication to said player base, and a general mismanagement of yet another licensed product on all available fronts.

The fact that SDA promotes an open venue for anyone to play their game, instead of hand stringing people to pay cash for a nonexistant commodity, has probably done as much as anything else to let it run as long as it has.

You ever run a demo for this game? Ever handed out free cards to people to play? You did the same thing that SDA did- it gives people a chance to play a game for no cost. It yields exposure for what everyone wants to call a good game (including myself), when it’s own creative staff couldn’t be bothered to expose their title.

But yeah, SDA stole money from Decipher. And Santa Claus puts everybodys gifts under the Christmas tree.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:27 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WitchKingBlkCapt wrote:
LCJK you know that I play sda along with the many others. this site does not alienate us as a playgroup in fact I feel very much a part of this site. I was scolded for talking about sda by the mods and cobra because he did not allow it but everyone here knows that I play it and would be willing to help anyone get set up that needs it. but I get just as much help from these guys as I would if I played a game against you we are just simply not allowed to mention or talk about sda because cobra wishes not to be discussed on his site. I have also managed to get a few people from here to play in our player group and they are still just as much a part of the site as anyone else.

Thanks,
WKBC

it used to even have a board on this site its just now CC doesn’t want to get in trouble.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:36 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
It’s just a matter of playing it safe. Be patient, D will lose the license soon enough, and probably go under. Then SDA will be legal to use. Oh, wait...dangit. The images won’t be up for it to link to.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
they could link here Wink
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:52 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Except that...where do you suppose Cobra gets his image links? Wink
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:55 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

He actually put them all directly on his website. That means that even if Decipher’s website is ended, we’ll still have all (or most) of the images.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:46 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

poop. but since AC said he could we shall survive!
"DáinIronfoot"
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:05 pm
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I had a question. D has lost the license, so is this program still illegal?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
corvus
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
I’d love to play a game with you guys anytime, so i hope it is! Very Happy
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Anautikus
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:53 pm
Can someone explain what SDA is?
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion