LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
gibsona15
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:42 am
--- description ---
Its not often in LOTR TCG that you can get both free peoples and shadows strategies to work towards the same end, but with my "bullcrap get rid of your cards deck" you can.
--- end description ---

Its not often in LOTR TCG that you can get both free peoples and shadows strategies to work towards the same end, but with my "bullcrap get rid of your cards deck" you can.

In this deck i’ve mixed Sauron culture orcs with cranky dwarves to make a deck that will frustrate the living bejeezus out of your opponent.

First off lets talk about shadow. your main strategy card is "the irresistable shadow" a condition that says if u can spot 5 burdens and the free peoples draw deck is depleted, frodo gets narky and you win the game! So of coarse you have to stick 4 copies of desparate defence of the ring in there. This plays on a companion (no per bearer limit either Wink) and if the free peoples assigns a minion to him they have to choose to add a burden or dicard 3 (count em 3) cards from hand. Then theres a couple of minions that will get rid of cards in a persons hand. Then get those sauron minions that double their strength when you have initiative (you know the ones i mean) and couple that with 4 copies of orc banner (each time a sauron orc wins a skirmish each other sauron orc is strength +1 until the good ol regroup phase) and suddenly companions are dieing. When that happens hit em with orc butchery (each time a companion is killed by a sauron orc, discard 3 cards of the top of ur opponent’s drawdeck for EACH card in the dead pile). very nasty in deed, but to put the icing on the cake i’ll leave it to my cranky dwarfs...

I use reflections dwarfs with gimli son of gloin. This gives me two main fighters Gimli and Uri. Only thing is i need these guys to be fairly beefcake so if someone brings out grima we’re screwed but not many people use him anymore... You need dwarven axes, hand axes, bracers, and all those cool dwarven rings. Your main fighter will be Uri. U stick all those posessions on him plus as many copies of endurance of dwarfs as you can on him. Also put the damage +2 ring on him. That combined with 4 copies of lord of moria out you have a damage +6 dwarf that can exert himself to make him strength +6 and with dwarven axe on him, he dicards a card off the top of the shadow players draw deck for winning. Gimli exerts to make him self strenth +2 and with a ring and the lords of moria out he’ll be damage +6 anyway. I’d just like to take this moment to note that my uri under this very situation killed, thats right KILLED Sauron.

Then to top it all off theres a site that acts as another desparate defence, use slag mounds when ur startin ur killin to add those burdens and trollshaw forrest so you can get a good solid start with all those posessions.

And that ladies and gentlemen is my bullcrap get rid of your cards deck in a nutshell.
Pipsqueak
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:04 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
OK article (except for the expletives Rolling Eyes )
You might want to be a little more in-depth.
AdultLink
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 pm
The grammar used in this article was poor at best. This isn't Instant Message it's an article forum and you can't use substitutes like 'u' for 'you' and so on. Keeping the language less slang and down-to-earth would help too, especially since a fair amount of our readers are not in the U.S.

The article didn't delve much besides the obvious, especially on the dwarf side. What about Nobody Tosses a Dwarf? The only card you mentioned was Dwarven Axe. Everything else was about strength and damage.

You didn't section your thoughts logically to make it clear, and in case you haven't read the comments on articles yet, the readers really like a decklist to go with your deck design.

Sorry, but this didn't go with me, and it needs to be higher-quality for a good vote. A 2 from me...
Haves/Wants
Hazael
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:20 pm
I like your strategy. Its very frustrating for you opponent Mad

You might want to take a look at some of these cards:
they may not be sauron orcs, but look how easily you can overwhelm your opponent when they dont have any cards to spare.

Dunlending Rampager
Dunlending Renegade

I have to agree with AdultLink about the spelling in places.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest