LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Why does Thranduil keep posting these ridiculous polls?

He lives an incredibly boring life  
38%
  [ 5 ]  38%

No one knows, that's just the way he is  
15%
  [ 2 ]  15%

He's crazy - enough said  
30%
  [ 4 ]  30%

I don't know, and I don't want to know  
15%
  [ 2 ]  15%

Total Votes : 13
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:09 pm
Time for the third of my oh-so-serious challenges.

The challenge this time is:
-To design a card that reminds you of a character from Alice in Wonderland (your choice, and from book, film or sequel)

The rules remain more or less the same:

The cards have to:
1) Be from any official culture
2) Be of any card type
3) Be balanced (I still doubt I need to say this, but just in case...)
4) Use only official keywords
5) Be reminiscent of your chosen character (which you should mention when you PM the card)
6) Be PMed to me before 0000 GMT on 29 May 2007

If you can’t think of a title or culture, by the way, don’t let it discourage you. Stuff like that can always come later, and be certain that someone on this board will have an idea.

Here’s my (feeble) attempt:

4 ● Gandalf, Swift in Anger Gandalf
Companion ● Wizard
Str: 7
Vit: 4
Res: 7
Each time a Shadow player plays an event, you may spot their minion to take a Gandalf event int hand from your discard pile.
An old man in a battered hat / who leaned upon a thorny staff.

This one reminds me of the caterpillar, as he answers every question with another question.

If you don’t know much of Alice in Wonderland, check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_In_Wonderland.

Happy DCing.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun May 27, 2007 3:50 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:52 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
your crazy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:40 am
Thanks SoP, I really needed to hear that!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Thanks SoP, I really needed to hear that!

Thranduil

i know aren’t i such a helpful positive reviewer? Wink
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:12 pm
Bump.
Come on guys, where is everybody?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:56 pm
since 3 people have said you are crazy maybe they have had enough
"DáinIronfoot"
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:50 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
PM sent.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:49 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
since 3 people have said you are crazy maybe they have had enough

That doesn’t prove anything, 6 people said it last time!

Thanks AgentDrake!

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:45 am
No one knows why you keep posting these polls, only yourself does. I think it’s best that way...BTW, PM sent.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:12 pm
Well, I have two entries, plus a third that I’m going to put in.

1) AgentDrake:

1 *Coney Stew Gollum
Possession - Support Area
To play, spot Smeagol.
Felowship: Exert Smeagol to add a Gollum token here.
Regroup: Spot 4 tokens here and discard this possession to choose one: discard a minion and make the move limit +1, or heal a companion and make the move limit +1.

2) Foresight:

0 An Appointed Time Gandalf
Event ● Maneuver
Spot a Gandalf Wizard to discard the top card of your draw deck. If that card has a twilight cost less than the number of twilight tokens you can spot, make the move limit +1 for this turn. If you do not move at least twice this turn, discard your hand at the end of it.

3) Me:

4 Confusion Orc
Event ● Skirmish
If the Ring-bearer is not assigned to a skirmish, spot an Orc minion skirmishing a companion to remove all companions assigned to skirmishes. Reassign each of those companions to minions.

4) WeyounsLastClone

1 Down the Hole Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot a minion skirmishing your unbound Hobbit. Shuffle that Hobbit in your draw deck to take a minion from your draw deck into hand. The minion you spotted gains Fierce and is strength +X until the regroup phase, where X is the twilight cost of the card you took into hand.

This time, thing’s are slightly different. I have not included any description for any of these cards, so that you can guess!

The challenge for you now is twofold:
1) To identify which character each of the cards is supposed to represent (and I urge the card designers to keep quiet about it)!
2) To vote on which card you think represents its character the best

Whoever gets it right will get a GP from the person who designed the card once the true identities are revealed, and whoever gets the most votes will receive a GP from me and the other contestant.

EDIT: WLC was in France, but I’ve now added his card.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue May 29, 2007 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards