LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:32 am
I’ll start off with the burglar himself, and then his blade. A GP to every review of these 2 cards! Thumbs Up

2 • Bilbo, Burglar and Conspirator Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 5
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Muster. To play, exert a Dwarf (or spot Gandalf).
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may add a burden to heal him.
Maneuver: Exert Bilbo and discard a Dwarven and Shire card from hand to exert 2 minions and draw a card (or if those minions are Spiders, wound them instead).
”If they had still doubted that he was really a first-class burglar, in spite of Gandalf’s words, they doubted no longer.”
R71

1 • Sting, Spider-bane Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may add 1 to remove a threat, remove a burden, or exert a minion (or if that minion is a Spider, wound it instead).
”…they had become mortally afraid of Sting, and dared not come very near….”
R72
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu May 17, 2007 10:10 am; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:44 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Hobbit
Resistance: 7
Muster.
Maneuver: Exert Bilbo and discard a Dwarven and Shire card from hand to exert 2 minions (and draw a card if those minions were both Spiders).
”If they had still doubted that he was really a first-class burglar, in spite of Gandalf’s words, they doubted no longer.”
R71

Excellent card AP I like it, however discarding 2 cards from hand for 2 exertions isnt the best, you could say wound a minion or exert 2 minions?

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may add 1 to remove a threat, remove a burden, or exert a Spider.
R72

Very nice. Wouldnt change a thing. Thumbs Up

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:44 am
AP wrote:
• Bilbo, Burglar and Conspirator
Companion • Hobbit
Resistance: 7
Muster.
Maneuver: Exert Bilbo and discard a and card from hand to exert 2 minions (and draw a card if those minions were both Spiders).
R71

I’d bump his resistance up to 8, like all the other Bilbos out there.I’d either make the maneuver ability exert Bilbo and discard two cards, discard a Shire card, or discard a card to exert 1 minion. Right now, it’s kinda over powered. Other then that, I think it’s pretty cool.

AP wrote:
• Sting, Spider-bane
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may add to remove a threat, remove a burden, or exert a Spider.

I would change it to exert a minon(or is the minion is a Spider wound it instead).

Sweet cards, have a GP.
R72
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:52 am
Edited. Thumbs Up Thanks for the reviews, guys! GP to lem0n, and one to KiE as soon as I can manage it! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:56 am
Thanks, AP! Very Happy
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:05 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Muster.
Maneuver: Exert Bilbo and discard a Dwarven and Shire card from hand to exert 2 minions and draw a card (or if those minions are Spiders, wound them instead).
R71

I think that, like the 5/4 versions of Merry and Pippin, he needs a spotting requirement. Perhaps a Gandalf Wizard or a Dwarf. OR, alternatively, you could have him with 3 strength, and strength +1 while you can spot a Gandalf Wizard, and another +1 when you can spot a Dwarf.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may add 1 to remove a threat, remove a burden, or exert a minion (or if that minion is a Spider, wound it instead).
R72

Looks good to me. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:46 pm
Spotting requirement added to Bilbo. Thumbs Up Thanks, Dain! GP

1 Here’s the Burglar! Shire
Event • Response
If a Dwarf is about to take a wound in a skirmish, spot Bilbo and add a burden or a threat to prevent that wound.
”It is a fact that Bilbo’s reputation went up a very great deal with the dwarves after this.”
U73

1 Attercop, Attercop! Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo and add a threat to exert a minion (or wound a minion if that minion is a Spider).
”’Won’t you stop! Stop your spinning and look at me!’”
C74
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu May 17, 2007 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:13 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Much better. Thumbs Up

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Event • Response
If a Dwarf is about to take a wound in a skirmish, spot Bilbo and add a burden or a threat instead.
”It is a fact that Bilbo’s reputation went up a very great deal with the dwarves after this.”
U73

I think it should end with "to prevent that wound."

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo and add a threat to exert a minion (or wound a minion if that minion is a Spider).
C74

Neat. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:20 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Event • Response
If a Dwarf is about to take a wound in a skirmish, spot Bilbo and add a burden or a threat instead.
U73

Dain’s right. Good card.

Event • Maneuver
C74

Also good card. Love the spider-hate.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:44 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Hobbit
Muster. To play, exert a Dwarf (or spot Gandalf).
R71

I’d make it ’heal him twice’ when you add the burden. I love the maneuver special skill. Great card.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Bilbo.
R72

Great! Love this card.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Here’s the Burglar!
Event • Response
If a Dwarf is about to take a wound in a skirmish, spot Bilbo and add a burden or a threat to prevent that wound.
U73

Nice card, although I don’t know how stockable it is. Maybe make it a condition that discards when used.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Attercop, Attercop!
Event • Maneuver
C74

This one’s cool. Basic and good!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards