LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:25 pm
--- description ---
Using only two rares, this Moria deck fills the fellowship full of arrows and then swarms the Ring-bearer.
--- end description ---

Shadow (33)
Archer Commander x2
Moria Archer Troop x4
Goblin Marksman x4
Goblin Bowman x4
Goblin Runner x4
Archer of Harad x4
Southron Bowman x4
They Are Coming x3
Host of Thousands x4

Total Price: $11.10

Okay, so it’s got 6 Men minions in it. Well, the goblins don’t have that much archery stuff, so they could use the extra help.

Basically, the deck is all minions + minion recursion, so you’ll be able to eat up every bit of twilight. Just throw out a bunch of archers and let them shoot people. Archer of Harad makes them pay if they use The Ring of Rings to absorb burdens, and Southron Murderer helps against token decks.

Thoughts?

- AC
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:44 am; edited 2 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
You MAY want to throw in a Pinned Down or two to REALLY dominate the archery phase, though it’s certainly not necessary.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:55 pm
Compared to host of thousands and they are coming, foul things is pretty damn useless. I might put in goblin archer, even though his stats are rubbish and he’s really expensive, as it’s is much better at stopping opponent’s archery than pinned down.
Good call with archer of harad, though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:07 pm
Foul Things is only included because I can’t have Host of Thousands x6.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:11 pm
I understand that, but I think you’d do better having more minions - they are coming is the most effective and useful way of regurgitating Moria orcs, as you don’t need to spend 2 to do it and it stays in play the whole time.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:35 pm
Hmm... well what could I replace it with? Goblin Archer is crappy, I don’t like Pinned Down, and Bitter Hatred is too meta-specific. Should I use 2 more Southron Murderers? Think

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:13 am
There are some great other splash archery minions, but most of them rather expensive. Orc archer troop is a good one, so are some of the uruks or southrons with directed archery (like uruk crossbowman or southron bowman).
Just a thought - if you had a good Isengard uruk-hai contingent using the archers from towers block, you could include hate and anger which is an absolutely amazing card, and would mean your deck could be a bit bigger, and they are coming would be easier to use.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Dravius
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:34 am
Why not include Desert Lord instead of foul things, for 1 or 2 more twilight, you can have him exert 2 companions.
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 am
Goblin Swarms.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:16 pm
These goblins don’t win skirmishes, NBarden.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded