LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

25%
  [ 3 ]  25%

1 (Worst)  
33%
  [ 4 ]  33%

Total Votes : 12
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:17 pm
Yeah, sorry about the slang, but I say Bop so much it would shorten my life to say birds of paradise. Smile

I guess my point is that leafcaller is using a card just for the rainbow mana, where you might as well play one of each basic land and reach/elder for them or something.
inresponse
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:20 pm
shortened terms are very useful. For example, the term "bear" lol
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:25 pm
inresponse wrote:
shortened terms are very useful. For example, the term "bear" lol

Yup. BoP is a little more self-explanitory, though.. Wink
bungietech
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:03 am
This is a very bad combo deck. Even if you threaten the nephillim, then you still are not guaranteed to win.
The First
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:36 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
bungietech wrote:
This is a very bad combo deck. Even if you threaten the nephillim, then you still are not guaranteed to win.

If you look closely, you might discover that it is rather a control deck. Mana accel., Wrath of God and the Nephilim’s game text should give that one away. Combo decks are often centered around a certain combo that wins you the game. This deck tries to control or lock the board and strike (thanks to Threaten) when its time has come.
inresponse
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:54 pm
it does seem rather combo-esque. a lot of combo decks control the baord at first, only to win the game in the end with two creatures. The problem with tis combo is that you have to have the nephilim stay stay in play for long enough to cast threaten on him. THe other problem is that if your goal is to control the board, there should be no creatures to gain control of with threaten. The two goals counteract each other.
The First
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:27 am
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Wrath of God is only here to remove creatures early game or when really necessary. Ghostly Prison should allow me to control all creatures later on while waiting for a Threaten. If I can remove all creatures by playing a shock or lightning helix and attack with my 6/6 Nephilim (thanks to the cloak), then I’m happy. But I would need my nephilim to stay alive indeed. Maybe some counterspells can be useful. Or a card like Flickerform.

EDIT : That Which Was Taken would be cool as well to protect your Nephilim.
lopseth
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:00 pm
Try cards with the Boros keyword, Radiance. For instance, with Rally the Righteous, Inky gets +2/+0, as do all other UGRW creatures. Then each of those creatures gets targetted, and Inky gets +2/+0 for each of them. Then they each get bonuses amongst themselves. Add trample, and your opponent can’t stop you.
KillerKiku
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:44 pm
You build around nephilim? they are fun when you use them all in combo with joiner adept, but that will make it impossible to standart.

I like the thing with Ink-treader!!!

Good job anyway
This is fun to play! Cool
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:15 pm
methinks you misunderstand the concept of the decks we build. We don’t build netdecks, or even tourney winning decks. Typically, we just try to build interesting, thought provoking decks that we find fun.

I’d say I’m probably a bit more serious than the rest of these people, but don’t think these guys are bad at the game becasue of these decks. Osion has a wicked husk deck with his own small tinkers that he usually plays- the online decks are mainly from simulation programs with creative combos.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest