LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

25%
  [ 3 ]  25%

1 (Worst)  
33%
  [ 4 ]  33%

Total Votes : 12
KillerKiku
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:30 pm
Then what are you doing here? I think you are placing good decks in here, creativity can’t be measured, deck quality can. You often speak of speed and other ideas, so you are changing other people’s creativity. That can’t be!
Simulation programs??? I can’t believe it! These decks aren’t even your own ideas?
Place in your own decks, people! this is far more creative than simulations and it delivers true gameplay reports. Casual is the base to get started for a tourney, isn’t it?
Whom do you inspire when your deck isn’t even worth a simulated smile?

THX for your saying... Cool
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:55 pm
These decks certainly are original ideas, most of the time at least. Programs or "simulations" come into play when you want to test a new deck but haven’t had time to actually play it very much.

The Magic: the Gathering Strategy Article Contest is intended to spark some discussion about MTG strategy, and of course, to draw some new people to our community here. Wink Therefore, the bottom line is really what YOU think of the articles. Are you looking for a "Tier 1" tournament deck, or do you prefer fun, creative, or combo-oriented decks? Maybe you’re tired of reading about specific decks together, and would prefer articles that take a different approach to discussing Magic: the Gathering strategy. Maybe you’re not picky as long as the article is long enough and entertaining enough to provide a really good read.

All of these are legitimate viewpoints, and all of these ideas affect overall ratings to some extent. Everyone’s entitled to vote as they see fit.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:23 pm
Simulation programs are things like apprentice. what I mean is we (well at least I) write down the decklist into the program and simulate hands. Then I usually get a friend to sim. other decks against it for matchups. Basically, it’s using text for physical cards. Everything I make is mine and mine alone.

What I do here is socialize and enjoy my hobbies while I let my creativity run. I’d thought that was pretty... self-evident.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest