LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
Piecesofeight
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:34 pm
Fellowship sucks. Discuss.
Foresight
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 pm
What is there, like 3 cards that really key off that keyword? I also do NOT see any synchronism between any of the fellowship companions, none that say: "If you can spot another Fellowship companion, blah blah blah" is just retarded and lame. I expected more out of Decipher than this, I mean this is THE END of LotR: TCG, the last set to ever be printed! Throw it into the fire, Frodo! Caste it into the chasm, Isildur! What ends up happening? What could have been the best synchronism between the 9 walkers ever, turns out to be nothing more than an unloaded keyword with only 3 cards that supports it. It leaves a taste of bitterness in my mouth to see what this great game’s last set produces.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
redoschi
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:22 pm
this keyword is useless... the only REAL use is the shire transfer condition as can be pretty handy.

The companions should have been more connected to each other getting bonuses out of extra fellowship companions you can spot or something like it. specially Frodo, he could have a bonus like: if you can spot 3 other fellowship companions Frodo is strength +2 or something else.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 pm
The fellowship keyword and the fellowship itself are both awful. Who designed this set? Age’s End is definitely the worst-put-together LOTR set that I’ve seen. It seems to have been made in like 2 hours so that Decipher can squeeze a bit more cash from people before they lose the license. Sad

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
FortunesRazor
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:45 pm
There just needed to be a few more cards that let these guys work together more effectively. Making them all fellowship should have been a way for them to be grouped together using similar cards and abilities regardless of their culture.

It needed to be able to make rainbow fellowships more viable.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:14 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
FortunesRazor wrote:
There just needed to be a few more cards that let these guys work together more effectively. Making them all fellowship should have been a way for them to be grouped together using similar cards and abilities regardless of their culture.

It needed to be able to make rainbow fellowships more viable.

Wholeheartedly agreed. I know doing that in one 40-card set is not incredibly easy, but they didn’t even seem to TRY. Just putting some text referring to "fellowship" on the actual FELLOWSHIP would have been a start, but not ONE of them does so. Ugh.

As I said elsewhere, if this is the best that they can do, I’m actually GLAD they’re calling it quits. Awful, just awful.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Mythdracon
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:54 am
Which cards even USE the fellowship keyword? You said there’s 3 cards? I don’t even see one yet. O_o
Dravius
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:54 am
I’ll quote a friend of mine, this set was made by a girl.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:07 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
In the spoiler image, the only cards I see that refer to the fellowship keyword are the Dwarven event That’s Two!, the Gondor condition Strength In My Blood, and the Shire condition Rabbit Stew.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:13 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
It seems to have been made in like 2 hours so that Decipher can squeeze a bit more cash from people before they lose the license. Sad

- AC

I’m actually going to agree with the first part of that. But I think it was made in two hours because D had a ravenous horde of spoiler-seeking players at its gates, and THEY WANTED BLOOD.

No, seriously. One of the things that ticks me off is how everyone was screaming for so many spoilers. Why do you think RoS was so error-ridden? Why was T&D a less-than-awesome set? Did you really expect anything when you were shouting for spoilers? Ask, and ye shall receive.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End