LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
hblika
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:35 am
Gandalf_the_Black wrote:
Mistake!! I put in the wrong Denethor.

It should be

Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith

Also, for those saying that 40/40 is too big, I find it to be just right. This deck sets up extremely fast. With Mouth of Sauron to pull pavise and conditions, I almost always get at least 10 conditions out by site 3, and Boromir my brother discards all those unique Gondor artifacts from hand to give + 1 strength to Faramir and Denethor. I usually am close to decking myself at the end of the game. (Plus, I'm not very good at building 30/30 decks. Just too many darn cards I want to put in Wink )

I must say though, thanks for all the reviews! I posted my Shadow side on the Decipher boards and didn't get a single review!

Whatever works for you Smile

Personally, I would never go above 32-34 cards a side, unless I'm playing Ninja Gollum, Moria swarm or Dwarves.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:37 am
My own personal "magic number" is 33 per side, assuming I won't be pulling things from the deck or ditching my hand to use Gollum cards. With Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith and the Mouth of Sauron pulling cards, that would push it maybe 36 IMO.

But, it's really something each player has to decide for him/herself based on experience. Some people tend to hold onto their cards more -- don't always discard when reconciling, hold their events for the right moment, etc. -- while others just naturally cycle faster.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard