LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:43 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I know, I know...I’m not even finished with The Road Ahead’s Gondor culture yet. So why am I starting a new culture already? Three reasons....

1.) the same reason I was spoiling cards from Lasting Alliances (via the Duos) and cards from The Road Ahead at the same time: because otherwise, it will take FOREVER to get through all my sets.

2.) The Elves in this set work closely with some of the Gondor stuff, as you’ve surely already seen in the Gondor cards, so it makes sense to start them around the same time. Besides, I’m almost done with Gondor anyway.

3.) I’m a little bored. Razz

So, without further ado, let’s begin with the man behind the new Elven signet: Elrond. We’ll also throw in his chief advisor, free of charge! Mr. Green Enjoy!

4Elrond, Greatest of Lore-masters Elven
Ally • Home 3 [LA] & 3 [FotR] • Elf
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Signet: Gandalf
To play, spot 2 Elves (or an Elven ally).
When the fellowship moves from site 3 [FotR] or 3 [LA], heal each companion and each Elven ally whose home is any site 3.
Fellowship: Exert Elrond to draw a card. If that card is an Elven card, you may add 2 to heal another character.
“‘Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.’”

"FotR" means the Fellowship block sitepath, and "LA" refers to the Lasting Alliances sitepath. Just in case you were confused. Smile

4Elrond, The Halfelven Elven
Companion • Elf
Signet: Elrond
To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of each turn, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, you may heal an unbound companion.
Skirmish: Exert Elrond to make a minion skirmishing an Elf or Man strength -1 (or -2 if that Elf or Man has the Elrond signet).
“‘Now at this last we must take a hard road, a road unforeseen. There lies our hope, if hope it be.’”

I’ve mentioned it before, but there are a LOT of companions in this set...most everyone who was at the Council of Elrond gets a companion version, as sort of a "what if" for if they had been chosen to accompany Frodo instead of the Nine Walkers that we know now and love. Elrond made it pretty clear in The Fellowship of the Ring that he shouldn’t/wouldn’t be a part of it, but what if he had? That’s what this card is all about.

2Erestor, Elven Counsellor Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
To play, spot an Elf.
Each time a companion with the Elrond signet wins a skirmish, you may discard a card from hand to reinforce a token of that companion’s culture.
Response: If an unbound companion with resistance 4 or more is about to take a wound, exert Erestor and discard an Elven card from hand to prevent that wound.
“‘What strength have we for the finding of the Fire in which it was made?’”

And if Elrond went, isn’t it logical to think his chief advisor might tag along?
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:18 pm; edited 23 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:14 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
When the fellowship moves from site 3 [FotR] or 3 [LA], heal each companion and each Elven ally whose home is any site 3.
Fellowship: Exert Elrond to draw a card. If that card is an Elven card, you may heal another character.
“‘Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.’”

I would make the fellowship ability "If that card is an Elven card, you may add 2 to heal another character." Sweet card! Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of each turn, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven card, you may heal an unbound companion.
Skirmish: Exert Elrond to make a minion skirmishing an Elf or Man strength -1 (or -2 if that Elf or Man has the Elrond signet).
“‘Now at this last we must take a hard road, a road unforeseen. There lies our hope, if hope it be.’”

Awesome! GP

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Each time a companion with the Elrond signet wins a skirmish, you may discard a card from hand to reinforce a token of that companion’s culture.
Response: If an unbound companion with resistance 4 or more is about to take a wound, exert Erestor and discard an Elven card from hand to prevent that wound.

I think you can safely add hunter 1. Great cards! Applause
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:00 pm
Tweaked Elrond as suggested, but I personally don’t think hunter is appropriate for Erestor. I don’t think he’s much of a fighter. Razz

Thanks, AP! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:16 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I know, I know...I’m not even finished with The Road Ahead’s Gondor culture yet. So why am I starting a new culture already? Three reasons....

1.) the same reason I was spoiling cards from Lasting Alliances (via the Duos) and cards from The Road Ahead at the same time: because otherwise, it will take FOREVER to get through all my sets.

Good choice!

2.) The Elves in this set work closely with some of the Gondor stuff, as you’ve surely already seen in the Gondor cards, so it makes sense to start them around the same time. Besides, I’m almost done with Gondor anyway.

Saw that.

I know the feeling!

Fellowship: Exert Elrond to draw a card. If that card is an Elven card, you may add 2 to heal another character.

I have a suggested rephrasing of the first bit:
’When the fellowship moves into region 2...’
I know that technically includes TT, RotK and WotR sites, but I honestly don’t think this is a problem, and it makes the card so much more groggable (and you’re already distorting the sites by saying ’any’ site 3). It’s a nice card all round though.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.

Rocking!

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.

Nice card. All of them are cool! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

ever heard of something called a "job"? you should try it sometime instead of just making duos Wink

sure

Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
you could say if that character has the Elrond...it looks better

Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.

pressing question is Erestor a boy or a girl it is hard to tell from the pick.
misspelled counselor.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:49 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
misspelled counselor.

He’s a boy, but it’s always hard to tell with Elves. And ’cousellor’ is a perfectly reasonable way of spelling that word! Same deal with ’travelling’ and such like.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK thanks to answer both. he looked more feminine then most Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:35 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
OK thanks to answer both. he looked more feminine then most Wink

Even the new Glorfindel? Eh?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:12 pm
Made a couple recommended tweaks. Thanks, gents! GPs all around. Very Happy

Thranduil wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
misspelled counselor.

He’s a boy, but it’s always hard to tell with Elves. And ’cousellor’ is a perfectly reasonable way of spelling that word! Same deal with ’travelling’ and such like.

Yeah, I went with Tolkien’s spelling of cousellor, which is what I typically do unless it REALLY doesn’t make sense.

And yes, it’s a little tough to tell with Erestor, at least in the film. The new Glorfindel IS indeed worse, though.

Speaking of whom...enjoy! Mr. Green

4Glorfindel, The Golden-Haired Elven
Companion • Elf
Ranger. Hunter 2.
While the fellowship is at a forest and you can spot another ranger, Glorfindel’s twilight cost is -2.
Response: If a minion wins a skirmish at a forest, river, or sanctuary, exert Glorfindel to wound that minion (twice if it is a Nazgûl or roaming minion).
“‘There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine....’”

2Asfaloth, Gleaming in the Shadows Elven
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Glorfindel or Arwen.
Maneuver: If the fellowship is at a forest or plains site, exert bearer and the Ring-bearer to make the move limit +1 for this turn. Limit once per turn.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to make a Wraith or mounted minion skirmishing bearer strength -2. Limit once per skirmish.
“‘His pace is light and smooth; and if danger presses too near, he will bear you away with a speed that even the black steeds of the enemy cannot rival.’”

I wanted to restore Glorfindel to his rightful role from the novels: it was HE who opened the early fellowship’s path and chased off the Nazgûl, then carried Frodo from their grasp across the Ford of Bruinen into the safety of Rivendell, NOT Arwen as depicted in the movies. However, as you can see from the text of Asfaloth (again, Glorfindel’s horse in the novel, NOT Arwen’s), I don’t want to ignore the films and how Decipher has followed them thus far, so Arwen gets to keep her film-inspired role as well. Smile

Speaking of whom, Arwen will be next, once these get a couple reviews. Thumbs Up
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:27 pm; edited 4 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:05 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Speaking of whom...enjoy! Mr. Green

4Glorfindel, The Golden-Haired Elven
Companion • Elf
Ranger. Hunter 2.
While the fellowship is at a forest, Glorfindel’s twilight cost is -1.
While you can spot a Nazgûl and a Hobbit, Glorfindel is strength +1.
Response: If a minion wins a skirmish at a forest, river, or sanctuary, exert Glorfindel to wound that minion (twice if it is a Nazgûl or roaming minion).
“‘There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine....’”

I imagine you knew what I was going to say about this card as you posted it - IT HAS TOO MUCH TEXT! Definitely take out the first ability, it’s a total waste of time unless it reduces his twilight by a significant number like 4 (well, at least 2). Then take out his next line because it’s also useless as it depends on what your opponent plays, and the rest of him is fine. Also, remember that he’s effectively strength 10 and he really doesn’t need that extra bonus in his text.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Asfaloth, Gleaming in the Shadows Elven
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Glorfindel or Arwen.
If you can spot a mounted Nazgûl, the move limit is +1.
“‘His pace is light and smooth; and if danger presses too near, he will bear you away with a speed that even the black steeds of the enemy cannot rival.’”

I think it should be ’Bearer must be an Elf ranger.’ It’s cool, but I’m still not happy about it requiring your opponent to play certain cards to bring it to full effect.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
I wanted to restore Glorfindel to his rightful role from the novels: it was HE who opened the early fellowship’s path and chased off the Nazgûl, then carried Frodo from their grasp across the Ford of Bruinen into the safety of Rivendell, NOT Arwen as depicted in the movies. However, as you can see from the text of Asfaloth (again, Glorfindel’s horse in the novel, NOT Arwen’s), I don’t want to ignore the films and how Decipher has followed them thus far, so Arwen gets to keep her film-inspired role as well. Smile

Personally I would totally ignore the film, but never mind.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards