LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Aragorn33
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:37 pm
I’m still working on the Shadow, trying for Nazgul beat down but here’s the Fellowship side.

Noble Leader’s

Free Peoples:

Ring- The One Ring, Ring of Doom (Extra Vitality but you could also use Ring of Rings for extra resistance, that’s really up to you and what Shadow is popular in your area, here it’s been archery so I prefer the Vitality)

RB Boromir, Bearer of Council

Fellowship:
Aragorn, Strider (1 twilight cost far out ways adding 1 twilight in this deck!)
Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith (One of if not the most important card, his text is huge!)
Faramir, Prince of Ithilien (Defender plus 1 and -2 for spotting Boromir and Denethor)

Free Peoples: (31 Total)

1x Anduril, Flame of the West (Explained in summary below)
1x Anduril, Kings Blade (Again explained below)
4x Noble Leaders (You could possibly run 3 so as not to clog)
2x Elendil, The Tall (maybe 3 or 4x up to you)
2x Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
4x Sappling of the White Tree (Artifact & Wound prevention)
2x Scroll of Isildur (Artifact and another key card for Boromir maybe play 3x)
2x Derufin (Shadow card removal)
2x Armor of the Citadel (Defender +1 nice in swarm decks, possibly 3x if Uruk’s are popular)
2x Battle Cry
3x Dagger Strike
3x Gondorian Blade

Strategy:
You start with all 4 Noble Leader’s and with 3 or 4 in your deck you should most likely start with one for an immediate power booster. It’s very important to make sure you get to the first sanctuary on your first turn. At the start of the second turn you can play Anduril using Denethor’s text. I only use 1 of each because I know I can play it easily from my deck. I pick the one based on the Shadow, Kings Blade for Swarm decks, and FotW for pretty much everything else.

You start with great fighters and Elendil with Narsil should be a 12-13 almost all the time. Sappling protects you from archery a bit, plus they all have good vitality. Only weakness is no real “healing” cards, any suggestions?
ingold55
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:36 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
ring of barahir is a good way of healing you need to make sure you have at least one token left on noble leaders though. plus banner of the westernesse is good if you play it on elendil. also, answere to all the riddles is a good way to get your ring bearers vitality up.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Grashopper
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:14 am
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Schalbruch, Germany
I’m going to write an article this week on Noble Leaders that may help you with this build. Off the cuff, I would replace at least one of your sets of events with Rally the Company. For healing, Invigorated, Ring of Barahir, and Much Needed Rest are all options.
Check out this Online Strategy TCG:
StarChamber
LunaticFringe
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:26 pm
Much Needed Rest is oftentimes without a viable target, and would be much better serving should the deck carry the High King of Gondor version of Elendil and not the Tall. Even if you have one target, it’s one heal for 3 twilight, when there’s a slightly cheaper answer below. And Invigorated can be cancelled where the Sapling cannot.

Gondor has plenty of token conditions that can help you get around the issue with leaving one on Noble Leaders. Garrison of Osgilliath, for example. Everyone you’re running is capable of carrying a weapon given the number of Gondorian Blades you’re running, which means Heirs of Gondor is quite viable, and can often bridge the gap to a skirmish win with a single token, to which you only need to spend one token off Noble to get a third wound, instead of three just to win out. Hell, you’re looking for healing, so go to the Houses of Healing. Two for one healing instead of MNR’s oftentimes 3 for one. More tokens for Barahir to target, it’s cheap, and Denethor can pull it and make three more card pulls on the first sanctuary if the situation justifies it. I can go further, but it turns into decks that I’ve posted previously.

Run one Scroll. Denethor pulls it, and it’s not cancellable.

Winning with Gondor, moreso than other cultures, means dictating to your opponent that you’re going to play your game, and not theirs.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard