LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
hannibal
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:29 pm
Race to the Mount Doom LOTR MAP system variant

In normal Race to the Mount Doom format, there is one rule for each site that you achieved. In this format every player can chose their special Race to the Mount Doom game text, which leads to more variety of deck types. The variant is based on LOTR MAP system, but you can use any normal rules you like. Just use the game text variants from these rules.

Rules can be found from: http://koti.24.fi/farian/lotr/linkit.htm
12 sites Race to the Mount Doom rules for LOTR MAP system
Last edited by hannibal on Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Hedgehog81
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:57 am
very interesting, GP for u
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
hannibal
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:07 am
We did run one league during the last spring with these rules, and it worked quite well. The new addition is the "leader banisment" that we will try out during our summer League.
The first round of the Summer League was guite interesting. Almost every player had differed site text. One used East road: Each companion’s twilight cost is +2 (he had some very expensive minions) One used The Prancing Pony: At the start of your fellowship phase, you may add a burden to play a ranger from your draw deck. (Allmost full ranger deck, but started with Gandalf, for burden removal!) a lot of variation. I am reallya exited to see the round 2. Some of us are still in area 1 and some are in area 2, so even more diverse decks coming!
hannibal
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:58 pm
Neekerbreekers site text is guite forcefull...
Neekerbreeker text everytime you move without playing the site... It’s a "outs" time...
Lukily almost every player are now in map area 3, so now more neeker breeker in this league...
hannibal
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:36 pm
Doorway to Doom is allso guite painful, but just because of wargs, Orcis laceys, and Frency of arrows...
Well, those deck kills fellowship even without this card... Direct wounding has newer been so deadly as these days...
TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:44 pm
did you create this any way gp from me as wellj
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
hannibal
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:58 pm
Race to Mount doom is made by Decipher. The Lotr MAP system is made by me, and this variant "Race to the Mount Doom LOTR MAP system variant
" Is inspired by Klaus Einsalo, our local ranger, and then later perfected by me Smile

We have guite innovative, and open LOTR community in here Finland, and I have got good beedback and suggestion and ideas from our playing group. So many thanks goes to Jouni, Johannes, Klaus, Julius and so on who have helped in this project during the development.
I think that this will get even better, when we take all those converted Movie block sites available in the next the next league.

So, be in touch in this same channel Wink
hannibal
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:17 pm
The first Race to the Mount Doom Map system variant is nearing the end. One player is allready at the step of the Mount Doom. One win and he has made it. The system has been workin wery well indeed.
We use 1-2 twilight punisment system. It seems to be some times guite hard, but it keeps the league guite levelled.
I think that in the next try we try other alternative way of balancing the game.
hannibal
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 am
The first Race to mount Doom Map system variant league is over, and it is time to do some debate and plan the future.

The race was won by Johannes, using effective Erkenbrands horn, Mountain troll deck. We try to counter manouver him, with little succes. The horn is a guite big problem...
The game system worked very nicely indeed. Before mountain troll we saw many different kinds of deck, based on the site where the player was, that was also the main idea of this variant. The 12 site race takes a guite a some time to run though. The balancing system allso leads to some trange situaion when the best and second best players were fightin together. Both players gets twiligh advantage (1 or 2).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -

The new league will start son with next modifications:
- 9 sites Race path (for quicker end, more league games in long run)
- Expanded 2.1. rules (for making old decks more powerfull compared to the new ones)
- new balancing system: The opponent may chose to have even 1 to 2 twilight starting fellowship advantage or shadow phase advantage (based on the Race site difference: The player behind in the race may convert the site difference to his advantage by making bigger starting fellowship or bu having more twiligh during his shadow phase: So if both players are at the same site, there is no advantage to either player)
- Use converted movie block sites and converted ally cards and some other site related erratas in the race (to make decks froms the old sets more powerfull compared the new ones, and to allow even more variation to the deck building)
hannibal
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:42 am
The www- adress conserning Race to Moint Doom MAP SYSTEM variant has changed. The new adress is: http://koti.24.fi/farian/lotr/linkit.htm

ps. the 9 sites variat has been working guite nice, but I prefer 12 sites, because more variation to the decks. When using all possible sites, in 9 sites system it’s possible to find good site for a deck, instead of making new one for those sites available...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion