LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Trading Forum
Anautikus
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 pm
haha kk thanks. well, would u by any chance happen to have orc bowmen?
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:34 pm
I got the first part of our deal today, so I sent out my cards to you. Thanks for the trade!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
OneFathom
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:45 pm
AC:

You know you totally ripped him off, right?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Was it? My cards were in mint condition while hers were most definitely not. I am most definitely sorry if it is a rip-off of a trade still, even with card condition factored in, and if so I will make amends.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
OneFathom
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:20 pm
Regardless of whether or not the Isildur’s Bane (foil) was in mint condition, it will still go for 20-25 bucks easy. On top of that a Dark Approach Masterworks foil? CC sells it for 14 bucks right now. I understand that "value" is subjective, but when the trade is obviously lopsided, monetary value has to be considered. I’m not saying the trade should be rectified, but it just appeared to me this trade was obviously one-sided. A non-mint Isildur’s Bane (foil) is worth all the cards this person is getting from you and a lot more.

Based on CC prices:

Faramir’s Sword (foil): $3
Ring of Savagery: $2
Ring of Ire: $0.75
The Witch-king, Black Captain $2.00

for

The One Ring, Isildur’s Bane (foil): $20-$25
Shelob, Eater of Light (tengwar): A buck at most
Dark Approach (masterworks FOIL): $14

$40 versus $7.75

Like I said, I’m not suggesting the trade be changed, you can handle that stuff yourself, but c’mon, seriously.
bunnydaman
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:43 pm
Joined: 11 Jun 2007 Posts: 338 Location: 'hillbilliesville'
uhhh, OF, you have some serious issues. isildurs bane foil cost $1.50, and It’s not a big deal, because I personally do not like that card. you have some major problems you should work on because it was a fine deal! Not only does it go by price, but how much a person wants it. the cards were not even slightly played. they were well played. I liked the deal fine, and it is our deal, and we worked it out and we are both happy with it.

one other thing... I AM NOT A DUDE AND AM OFFENDED!!!!!!!!! Shame on you
-"He’s like a spamming assasin." ~lem0nhead about SoP
"Yes, I'm a girl. And no, not like elf lvr."
[idea from FM]
OneFathom
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:55 pm
I’m not even going to bother with you. I was trying to make a point that you were getting the short end of the stick, and hopefully you’d get some more compensation in the trade. If you’re fine with trading away an Isildur’s Bane (foil), then whatever. That’s The One Ring, Isildur’s Bane (foil) and a Dark Approach Masterworks (foil) for $5 worth of cards just so you know. Regardless of the condition of the ring foil, unless it was torn to shreds, it should have gotten all those cards you wanted, easily. Your $1.50 price tag for it, however, is extremely inaccurate. And don’t take things so personally, it was an honest mistake. Relax. Anyways, I’m glad you’re happy with the trade. Keep sockin’ it to em! If you happen to get a The One Ring, Such A Weight To Carry (foil), I’ll give you 2 Men of Harad and a Depths of Moria for it. Interested? Applause
bunnydaman
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:11 pm
I have such a weight to carry, but it is tengwar and not foil.

look at my wants, i am not particuarly interested in those cards. I would prefer if I did not ave to look through you’r whole list, because it is quite long... I also like nazgul and nazgul cards. I am interested in you’r faramir promo. look through my cards and cee if there are any more you want.
-"He’s like a spamming assasin." ~lem0nhead about SoP
[idea from FM]
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:18 pm
Just to note:

1. We expanded the deal through PMs prior to trading. I added in cards.
2. I have very often seen IB (foil) go for $10 or less, and that’s mint. This thing is faded, scratched, and has white marks, and that’s gotta drop the price ALOT. Of course I knew when I was getting it that it would not be in mint condition, and so I’m not complaining to bunnydaman.
3. I will admit that I was thinking that Dark Approach was only normal foil, and not masterworks foil. That was my mistake there. But with the extended deal I really think it worked out fine.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bunnydaman
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:22 pm
it did work out fine. I am not to concerned that the cards I sent were worth a lot. I do ot usually go by price but by how much the card is wanted. I have never used dark approch or isildur cane in a deck. I probably never was. I have answer to all riddles, so, i would use that in a deck over IB any day. I really wanted the cards AC gave me so i liked the deal cery much. I think some cards are slightly over-priced anyways...

anautikus [sp?]: I do not, but my brother does. well, look at mm doughnuts trade list and you will see it. he also has lots of cool cards... i am, for once, actually kind of jelous of him.

[we have a joke, because he always says that i am jelous of him in everuthing, so for me to actually be somewhat jelous is a big thing!] Very Happy
Last edited by bunnydaman on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total-"He’s like a spamming assasin." ~lem0nhead about SoP
[idea from FM]

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Trading Forum