LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
TheJord
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:23 am
Hello all, its been a long time since I posted, what with getting married and moving and all. But I am back and looking for advice on decks again.
Right now I am looking for an Isengard Men deck. I have never seen one and I want to try it, realising it probably wont work anyway.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
gil-estel
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:52 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Then you’re looking for Unferth my dear friend! I made an Unferth deck once, which was nice. The only problem though was that your opponent has to fight with Men..so Rohan, Gondor or even Gandalf culture is wanted.
If you want a deck look at conditions such as Wounded, Leachcraft and Banished. Cards that make you exert a lot of companions and unable to heal in some cases. Then you match them with a few killer Uruks, preferably archer with a damage+ bonus. Saruman for some dirty tricks and Grima as well. I played it for fun, and fun it was against the right match-up. Against Dwarven or Elfs you’re in for a very stupid game...blugh!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Dravius
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:15 am
Keep in mind that what this deck CAN do is exhaust an entire fellowship with Unferth, Steal the weapons away from the key companions, lower the stenght riduculously (saruman omc, grima sog, leechcraft, desertion, doors of durin and men will fall). Your best option is to play a bunch of wizards, throne of Isengard so that your 13 or so strenght wizard will be able to kill the 4 or 5 strenght men.

I personaly toss in the palantir from TTT to help when facing telepathy, as for a match-up against dwarves, the key is to keep playing just enough minions to assing gimli everytime and discard pround and able with saruman, black traitor (you need at least 2 of him and 2 of many colors). While courtyard parapet was still legal, I usualy won fairly easily against the dwarves doing just that.

The real pain when playing this deck is Ents... pallando will get rid of your minions, and even a strenght -10 treabeard will be able to survive your rohirim traitor or so...
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion