LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
hawkeyespf
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:49 pm
Whenever I receive my end of a trade, I always make sure to thank the person I traded with and reward them with a GP and a public "Thanks!". I even go so far as to include the "gp" icon in the thank you post so that they are aware I have given them one.

I also get these public "thank you"s, usually with the "gp" icon as well. The only thing is that I’m noticing that my GP count is not going up. Are people just doing lip service when they put the icon in their thank you or is there a problem with the GP counter? I suspect that people aren’t actually giving me the GP’s.

All I’m saying is that I consider myself to be a friendly and courteous member and trader who contributes as much as is worthwhile to post and refrains from posting just for the sake of upping my post count, and yet people seem to want to only give GP’s for rather pointless posts.

Please do not take this post as begging for GP’s - I have much more to worry about in life than a silly bulletin board reward system. My underlying point is that people should reward the worthwhile, and not pay so much attention to the pointless crap that surrounds us (or add to it ::cough cough SoP cough cough:: j/k man, but when people know you for spamming you’re just asking to be used as an example) - it really will make the world a better place if we all try a little harder.

/rant

thanks for listening folks

...did i throw enough "gp"s in there?
macheteman
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:47 pm
your gp counter works fine. i just checked. gp!
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:52 pm
I’ll give you a GP because I’m feeling generous, and I sympathise a little!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:55 pm
GP again for our trade, cause it was awesome
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:54 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
its not to feel appreciated Wink GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion