LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:06 pm
Well, I don’t know where everyone is but my desire for another opinion has now lost out to my desire to continue.

To finish off those conditions, here are the other ones:

0 • Unwavering Trust Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Response: If a Shire or Dwarven event is played, discard this condition to remove 3 threats or 2 burdens.
... you can see that they had changed their opinion of Mr Baggins very much, and had begun to have a great respect for him...
H1 C 273

0 One of the Best Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Discard this condition to take a Shire event into hand from your discard pile.
’I brought him, and I don’t bring things that are of no use.’
H1 U 264

1 More Comfortable Journey Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Exert a companion or discard this condition to play a Shire condition from your discard pile on a Hobbit.
This time he was allowed to climb on to an eagle’s back and cling between his wings.
H1 U 263

Followed by another card on a similar theme:

1 • Sting, Elvish Blade Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Locked: Each time you play a Shire event, you may make a minion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
His little sword... shone with delight as he stabbed at them.
H1 R 269

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:13 pm
I would raise the cost of ’More Comfortable Journey’ to 1. The rest look great! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:12 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Unwavering Trust Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Response: If a Shire or Dwarven event is played, discard this condition to remove a threat or a burden.
... you can see that they had changed their opinion of Mr Baggins very much, and had begun to have a great respect for him...
H1 C 273

Not a very useful card to unlock. One threat or burden? Should at least match 9 fingered frodo and ring of doom, i.e. 2 threats. But you have to discard it to do it. So you unlock it then its a 1 trick pony. Make it 3 threats or 2 burdens or something worthwhile.

1 One of the Best Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Discard this condition to take a Shire event into hand from your discard pile.
’I brought him, and I don’t bring things that are of no use.’
H1 U 264

Hmm similar thoughts to above, but ok.

1 More Comfortable Journey Shire
Condition
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Locked: Maneuver: Exert a companion or discard this condition to play a Shire condition from your discard pile on a Hobbit.
This time he was allowed to climb on to an eagle’s back and cling between his wings.
H1 U 263

Ditto.

Followed by another card on a similar theme:

1 • Sting, Elvish Blade Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Locked: Each time you play a Shire event, you may make a minion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
His little sword... shone with delight as he stabbed at them.
H1 R 269

Quality.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:26 am
I’ve ’tweaked’ (as DI always says) them a little bit, so hopefully they’re fine.

Now here are some other tricks to Unlock all those random cards on your ring-bearer:

0 Carefully and Quietly Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Shire Ring-bearer and choose one: make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase; or add a burden to take off The One Ring.
... at any rate hobbits can move quietly in woods. They take a pride in it...
H1 R 252

0 Out of Sight and Out of Mind Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Shire Ring-bearer to make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase. Until the regroup phase, for a Shadow player to play a card with ’One Ring’ in its game text, he or she must first remove 2.
It was a turning point in his career, but he did not know it. He put the ring in his pocket almost without thinking.
H1 R 265

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:51 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:41 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Carefuly and Quietly Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Shire Ring-bearer and choose one: make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase; or add 2 to take off The One Ring.
H1 C 252

Wow sweet, stop rings like sawtc backfiring when you need it in the skirmish. Versatility is ace. needs to be rare!

Event • Maneuver
Spot a Shire Ring-bearer to make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase. Until the regroup phase, for a Shadow player to play a card with ’One Ring’ in its game text, he or she must first remove 1.
It was a turning point in his career, but he did not know it. He put the ring in his pocket almost without thinking.
H1 R 265

Hmmm not so good, how likely are you to use this on your deck, i would never assume someone would use a shadow card that takes advantage of wearing the one ring, there arent that many and a shadow player is taking the same risk assuming youll put on the ring to take advantage of. I’d make it a condition that once triggers discards at end of turn and add remove 2 not 1.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:51 am
The One Ring thing is just a bonus, the purpose of the card is to Unlock your stuff on Bilbo in time for the maneuver phase, the extra bit is to stop Shadow player’s taking unfair advantage of your generosity by putting on The One Ring.

I’ll increase the removal then switch the rarity of Carefully and Quietly with Useful Possessions (on the first post).

Thanks, lem0n.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:40 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
I’ve ’tweaked’ (as DI always says) them a little bit, so hopefully they’re fine.

Ha ha. I have trademarked words now! Razz

Thranduil wrote:
0 Carefuly and Quietly Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Shire Ring-bearer and choose one: make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase; or add 2 to take off The One Ring.
H1 R 252

I believe the title should be Carefully and Quietly...note the extra "l". Very Happy I think adding a burden might be a better and more balanced cost for the second bit than simply adding 2.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Shire Ring-bearer to make him wear The One Ring until the regroup phase. Until the regroup phase, for a Shadow player to play a card with ’One Ring’ in its game text, he or she must first remove 2.
H1 R 265

I hope you have several cards with "One Ring" in the game text, because there is very so-so otherwise. Things keying off The One Ring being on or off haven’t appeared since the Fellowship block!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:58 pm
Thanks for the spelling, and don’t worry as The One Ring becomes very important in the White Council.

Now I’m going for some cool events:

2 A Fourteenth Shire
Event • Skirmish
If Bilbo is not assigned to a skirmish, add his strength to a Dwarf.
’Just let anyone say I chose the wrong man or the wrong house, and you can stop at thirteen and have all the bad luck you like.’
H1 R 243

2 Bebother These Dwarves Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo to make a Dwarf strength +3 and damage +1.
Bilbo rushed along the passage, very angry, and altogether bewildered and bewuthered - this was the most awkward Wednesday he ever remembered.
H1 R 245

1 Attercop and Tomnoddy Shire
Event • Skirmish
Force all opponents to skip their next action in a skirmish involving a Hobbit. If that Hobbit is the Ring-bearer, each Shadow player may discard 2 cards from hand to prevent this.
... no spider has ever liked being called Attercop, and Tomnoddy of course is insulting to anybody.
H1 R 244

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:01 pm
I would drop the cost of ’Attercop and Tomnoddy’ to 1. The rest look fine, especially ’A Fourteenth’. GP
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:38 pm
Thranduil wrote:

2 A Fourteenth Shire
Event • Skirmish
If Bilbo is not assigned to a skirmish, add his strength to a Dwarf.
’Just let anyone say I chose the wrong man or the wrong house, and you can stop at thirteen and have all the bad luck you like.’
H1 R 243

If its phrased correctly whoch ive no idea if it is, then Thumbs Up

2 Bebother These Dwarves Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Bilbo to make a Dwarf strength +3 and damage +1.
Bilbo rushed along the passage, very angry, and altogether bewildered and bewuthered - this was the most awkward Wednesday he ever remembered.
H1 R 245

Awesome. Well balanced.

1 Attercop and Tomnoddy Shire
Event • Skirmish
Force all opponents to skip their next action in a skirmish involving a Hobbit. If that Hobbit is the Ring-bearer, each Shadow player may discard 2 cards from hand to prevent this.
... no spider has ever liked being called Attercop, and Tomnoddy of course is insulting to anybody.
H1 R 244

Quality.

Thranduil

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards