LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:05 am
I think A Fourteenth is phrased the same way as merry, friend to sam, so it should be fine.

Given that there’s only 1 Shire character in this set, most of the Shire culture is just event after event after event. So here are a couple more cool ones:

0 Throwing Stones Shire
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Hobbit and another Dwarven or Shire companion to wound a minion (or wound a minion twice if that minion has less vitality than that Hobbit).
... indeed he could do lots of things besides blowing smoke-rings, asking riddles and cooking that I haven’t had time to tell you about.
H1 U 271

1 Burglarious Proceedings Shire
Event • Regroup
Spot Bilbo and exert a Dwarf (or another Hobbit) to discard a Shadow card from play.
’Silly time to go practising pinching and pocket-picking...’
H1 R 251

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:20 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:14 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Throwing Stones Shire
Event • Maneuver
Exert a Hobbit and another Dwarven or Shire companion to wound a minion (or wound a minion twice if that minion has more vitality than that Hobbit).
... indeed he could do lots of things besides blowing smoke-rings, asking riddles and cooking that I haven’t had time to tell you about.
H1 U 271

Hmmm compare to defend it and hope or baruk khazad and its a costly 2 exertions, id make the wound twice thing easier to do as a minion isnt often going to have 5 vitality and then its not likely to die by hobbit wounding so its pointless. Maybe the minion has more strength that the hobbits resistance?

1 Burglarious Proceedings Shire
Event • Regroup
Spot Bilbo and exert a Dwarf (or another Hobbit) to make an opponent discard one of their cards from play.
’Silly time to go practising pinching and pocket-picking...’
H1 R 251

No-one would use this dude. An exertion to get rid of 1 card? Unless used at the right time its very weak. Either choose the card yourself, or somehow make it better.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:21 am
I’ve given the FP player the choice on burglarious proceedings and swapped the ’more’ in Throwing Stones with ’less’. How do they look now?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:25 am
I wish it wasnt me giving my opinion again Thran but i guess you gotta be happy with what you can get eh?

Both look good now. A worry that has only just occured to me though is now the event can discard shadow artifacts, do you think its worth specifying except artifacts or not?
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:29 am
I don’t think so, but SoP will sorely disagree with me (if he ever shows up again!). Shadow artifacts are few and far between so it doesn’t make that big an impact, and there’s so much in the White Council that can do similar things that I won’t worry about it (there are about 20 artifacts in that set).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:44 am
I would make it so that you choose which card is discarded in burglarious proceedings. Nice job, Thran! Applause
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:54 am
Thanks guys. Let’s see what else I have in my treasure trove of Shire goodies (before I hit the riddles, of course):

1 Desperate Fight Shire
Event • Response
If a Hobbit with resistance 5 or more is about to overwhelmed, play a possession or artifact on him or her from your draw deck.
He beat the creature off with his hands... until he remembered his sword and drew it out.
H1 R 255

1 Precious Little Time Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Shire companions) to draw a card and reinforce a Shire token. You may take the next maneuver action.
Bilbo’s next job was to loose a dwarf.
H1 U 268

3 • Fond of Visitors Shire
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Shire token here.
Each time you play a Shire event, you may reinforce a Shire token.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from this condition and spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to heal a companion.
’Now we are all here,’ said Gandalf, looking at the row of thirteen hoods... and his own hat hanging on the pegs.
H1 U 257

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:12 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Sorry I haven’t been reviewing very consistently lately. It’s been one of THOSE weeks.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Desperate Fight Shire
Event • Response
If a Hobbit with resistance 5 or more is about to overwhelmed, play a possession or artifact on him or her from your draw deck.
He beat the creature off with his hands... until he remembered his sword and drew it out.
H1 R 255

Not bad, not bad. They’re likely still lose, of course, but that could easily be the difference between them taking a wound or two and being overwhelmed. Good stuff.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Precious Little Time Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Shire companions) to draw a card and reinforce a Shire token. You may take the next maneuver action.
H1 U 268

I think it should cost at least 1.

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Fond of Visitors Shire
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from this condition and spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to heal a companion.
’Now we are all here,’ said Gandalf, looking at the row of thirteen hoods... and his own hat hanging on the pegs.
H1 U 257

I think it should cost 3, as that’s an awesome way to reinforce ANY Shire token on ANY condition.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:12 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Thanks guys. Let’s see what else I have in my treasure trove of Shire goodies (before I hit the riddles, of course):

1 Desperate Fight Shire
Event • Response
H1 R 255

Wow very nice make it cost 2, but sweet!

1 Precious Little Time Shire
Event • Maneuver
H1 U 268

Cool. Thumbs Up

3 • Fond of Visitors Shire
Condition • Support Area
H1 U 257

Wow, needs be 3 or 4 tokens as its currently too easy to heal any companion, but cool.

Thranduil
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:26 pm
Desperate Fight is at least 2 anyway because you have to pay for the possession, unless you play on them an x-listed frying pan! If you still think that’s not enough, I’ll happily change it.

Right, I think it’s now high-time for some lovely riddles, which is a mirror strategy that can be found at this link in the Gollum culture, in case you care to compare them. This will also make all these cards that trigger off events make more sense, as well as the stuff that happens in the maneuver phase, because that’s what riddling is all about!

Riddle is unloaded, by the way.

1 Unhinged Box Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. Then, reveal the top 5 cards of that player’s draw deck. If the named number matches the number of minions revealed, you may discard a condition. If it does not, that player may play 1 minion revealed at twilight cost -1.
’Yet golden treasure inside is hid.’
H1 C 272

1 What Have You Lost? Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. Then, reveal the top 5 cards of that player’s draw deck. If the named number matches the number of conditions revealed, you may remove a burden and take into hand a Shire event from your discard pile. If it does not, you must reveal your hand.
Bilbo could not guess...
H1 U 276

And asking a riddle would be no fun if you didn’t know the answer:

1 Inquisitive Eyes Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to reveal the top 5 cards of an opponent’s draw deck and look at the next 3. You may take the next maneuver action.
Bilbo’s eyes were seldom wrong.
H1 C 261

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards