LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Unhinged Box Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. Then, reveal the top 5 cards of that player’s draw deck. If the named number matches the number of minions revealed, you may discard a condition. If it does not, that player may play 1 minion revealed.
’Yet golden treasure inside is hid.’
H1 C 272
for free? at twi cost - something? add something else

1 What Have You Lost? Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. Then, reveal the top 5 cards of that player’s draw deck. If the named number matches the number of conditions revealed, you may remove a burden and take into hand a Shire event from your discard pile. If it does not, you must reveal your hand.
Bilbo could not guess...
H1 U 276
works

1 Inquisitive Eyes Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to reveal the top 5 cards of an opponent’s draw deck and look at the next 3. You may take the next maneuver action.
Bilbo’s eyes were seldom wrong.
H1 C 261
l

look/reveal same thing.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:56 pm
As far as I know, when you reveal a card it is shown to all players, but when you look at a card, only you see it.

Nice to have you back, SoP!

As I want to finish this set before I go away, let’s have a bunch of other riddly cards:

0 Teeth and Horses Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Exert Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of Shadow cards revealed, you may heal 2 Dwarves (or a Hobbit twice).
’First they champ / Then they stamp, / Then they stand still.’
H1 C 270

1 Daisies and Sunshine Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Exert Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of Free Peoples cards revealed, you may make a Hobbit strength +3 until the regroup phase.
’An eye in a blue face / Saw an eye in a green face...’
H1 U 254

2 Fish, Men and Cats Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of events revealed, that Shadow player must discard all Shadow events from their hand. If it does not, that opponent may take one Shadow event into hand from their discard pile.
’Four legs got some.’
H1 U 256

1 Pale Light Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) with resistance 5 or more to reveal a Shadow player’s hand. You may take the next maneuver action.
’So it is an elvish blade, too,’ he thought; ’and goblins are not very near, and yet not far enough.’
H1 C 266

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:19 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Teeth and Horses Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Exert Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of Shadow cards revealed, you may heal 2 Dwarves (or a Hobbit twice).
H1 C 270

Wow cool idea. Thumbs Up

Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Exert Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of Free Peoples cards revealed, you may make a Hobbit strength +2 until the regroup phase.
H1 U 254

Hmm again cool but needs to be better than just +2 to a hobbit.

Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of events revealed, that Shadow player must discard all Shadow events from their hand. If it does not, that opponent may take one Shadow event into hand from their discard pile.
’Four legs got some.’
H1 U 256

Wow big risk, loving the riddle ideas but this isnt worth it. The odds are against you.

1 Pale Light Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) with resistance 5 or more to reveal a Shadow player’s hand. You may take the next maneuver action.
’So it is an elvish blade, too,’ he thought; ’and goblins are not very near, and yet not far enough.’
H1 C 266

Make it cost 0. Thumbs Up

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:52 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Teeth and Horses Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
H1 C 270

"That opponent must reveal their hand. If the number named matches...." I think that would be better.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Exert Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to choose an opponent and name a number. They must reveal their hand. If that number matches the number of Free Peoples cards revealed, you may make a Hobbit strength +2 until the regroup phase.
H1 U 254

Same note on wording here. I also agree with lem0n: strength +2 isn’t worth it for all that. Raise the boost, or lower the costs.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
’Four legs got some.’
H1 U 256

You better be able to see their hand ahead of time, or this is too risky.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Pale Light Shire
Event • Maneuver
H1 C 266

Aha. Ask and ye shall recieve. So sayeth the Thran. Razz Looks good to me, but you still might want to make the last 2 riddles a LITTLE better.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 am
Raised the bonus on Daisies and Sunshine to +3. Thanks for your reviews.

The thing with Fish, Men and Cats is that, if you have 2 in your hand and you get the first one wrong, it doesn’t make a difference because the second one will discard all their Shadow events anyway, which is why I’m wary of making it more powerful. Also, with some events following, it will be easier to get them out when you need them:

0 Wonderful Plan Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to take into hand a Shire event from your discard pile.
Things were looking pretty bad again, when suddenly Bilbo reappeared, and charged into the astonished spiders unexpectedly from the side.
H1 U 277

1 Left Behind Shire
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Shire companion to take a Shire riddle into hand from your draw deck (or from a Shire condition).
When Bilbo opened his eyes, he wondered if he had; for it was just as dark as with them shut.
H1 C 262

0 Guessed, Not Given Shire
Event • Response
If a riddle is about to be resolved, spot Bilbo to add or subtract 1 from a number named for that riddle.. This can change the effects of that riddle.
After all, he had won the game, pretty fairly, at a horrible risk.
H1 C 258

1 Both Wrong Shire
Event • Response
If a riddle is played, spot Bilbo to choose one: shuffle your draw deck; count the number of cards in your hand, place your hand beneath your draw deck and draw the same number of cards; or play a Shire maneuver event from hand (suspending the current riddle until the event is resolved). This can change the effects of that riddle.
’String, or nothing!’ shrieked Gollum, which was not quite fair - working in two guesses at once.
H1 U 249

Sorry for the big load, but I am going away soon.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:25 am
Thranduil wrote:
The thing with Fish, Men and Cats is that, if you have 2 in your hand and you get the first one wrong, it doesn’t make a difference because the second one will discard all their Shadow events anyway, which is why I’m wary of making it more powerful.

Fair enough, I suppose. Daisies and Sunshine was the one I was more concerned about, anyway.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Wonderful Plan Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot Bilbo (or 2 Hobbits) to take into hand a Shire maneuver event from your discard pile. You may take the next maneuver action.
Things were looking pretty bad again, when suddenly Bilbo reappeared, and charged into the astonished spiders unexpectedly from the side.
H1 U 277

Very, very powerful, especially since it really has no cost. I’d either raise the cost to 2 or drop the next maneuver action part. If you do the latter, you may even be able to change it to any old Shire event and not limit it to maneuver.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Left Behind Shire
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Shire companion to take a Shire riddle into hand from your draw deck (or from a Shire condition).
When Bilbo opened his eyes, he wondered if he had; for it was just as dark as with them shut.
H1 C 262

This one’s fine.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Guessed, Not Given Shire
Event • Response
If a riddle is about to be resolved, spot Gollum to add or subtract 1 from a number named for that riddle.. This can change the effects of that riddle.
After all, he had won the game, pretty fairly, at a horrible risk.
H1 C 258

I don’t like spotting Gollum...too specific. MAYBE okay if you allow spotting Gollum or Smeagol. But did you mean Bilbo? I suspect you did.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Both Wrong Shire
Event • Response
If a riddle is played, spot Bilbo to choose one: shuffle your draw deck; count the number of cards in your hand, place your hand beneath your draw deck and draw the same number of cards; or play a Shire maneuver event from hand (suspending the current riddle until the event is resolved). This can change the effects of that riddle.
’String, or nothing!’ shrieked Gollum, which was not quite fair - working in two guesses at once.
H1 U 249

I was going to suggest changing it from a Shire maneuver event to a Shire riddle, but I guess it’s okay as is. Hardly any Shire maneuver events out there anyway (only four that I can find), and what little there is is appropriate, actually.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:54 am
Yeah, sorry it was supposed to be Bilbo! Gollum has an event with an identical text so I just copied and pasted it and forgot to change the names to protect the innocent!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:55 am
Thranduil wrote:
Yeah, sorry it was supposed to be Bilbo! Gollum has an event with an identical text so I just copied and pasted it and forgot to change the names to protect the innocent!

I figured that’s what happened. Done that myself a few times. Razz

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Both Wrong Shire
Event • Response
H1 U 249
Thranduil

interesting...it works.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:27 pm
And now for the final post of this set:

2 What Have I Got in my Pockets? Shire
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
To play, exert Bilbo and add a threat.
Choose an opponent who must name a number. Then reveal your hand. If that number matches the number of possessions revealed, discard 2 Free Peoples cards from play. If it does not, you may discard up to 2 minions from play.
But Bilbo could not think of any question with that nasty wet cold thing sitting next to him...
H1 R 275

1 Clever At Quietness Shire
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a minions skirmishing a Hobbit.
Bearer is Locked.
Regroup: If this card is borne by a minion, you may exert a Hobbit to transfer it to another card.
The dwarves could not, of course compare with the hobbit in real stealth, and they made a deal of puffing and shuffling...
H1 C 253

1 Pity Shire
Condition
Res: +2
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Each minion skirmishing this companion is strength +1.
A sudden understanding... welled up in Bilbo’s heart: a glimpse of endless unmarked days without light or hope of betterment...
H1 R 267

And of course, an obvious and unavoidable reprint (with snazzy new lore):

1 Hobbit Sword Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
... something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to... carry a sword instead of a walking stick.
H1 C 259

Thanks all you guys that have been reviewing my cards, and I’ll be back here at some point, becoming "full time" again at the beginning of September.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards