LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:09 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Total newb question:

If I have a rather large FP deck (36+ cards), what are some of the best Shadow sides to pair it with for cycling through the deck relatively easily? I know Moria’s a good option, and perhaps Dunland, but I’m not too sure beyond that. Any ideas?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:12 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Total newb question:

If I have a rather large FP deck (36+ cards), what are some of the best Shadow sides to pair it with for cycling through the deck relatively easily? I know Moria’s a good option, and perhaps Dunland, but I’m not too sure beyond that. Any ideas?

Moria, Moria and more Moria, no two ways about it. I have a 45-card Moria side and I normally get through it. goblin scimitar’s and threat of the unknown is all you’ll ever need!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
macheteman
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:22 am
yeah, moria is the best when it comes to cycling. hands down. but the problem lies in that if you wan’t a 36 card freeps side, your moria won’t be very effective as it needs 40-45 cards to work well.

there are filter shadows that play themselves to no effect, but ridding you of all shadow cards every turn.

i also designed a shadow that discards itself using muster while attempting to clog it’s opponent’s hand. i paired it with a supre-run deck for my Ride, Mount up and Ride!! article. this was the decklist i used.

(35)
2x Murderous Uruk
2x Breeding Pit Conscript
1x Horror of Harad
1x Grima, Chief Counselor
3x Grima, Wormtongue
2x The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders
2x Ulaire Lemenya, Winged Hunter
2x Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally Threatening
2x Ulaire Otsea, Seventh of the Nine Riders
2x Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
1x Ulaire Attea, Black Predator
1x Ulaire Nertea, Servant of the Shadow
2x Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
1x Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin
1x Black Rider
3x There Came a Cry
3x They Feel The Precious
4x Shapes Slowly Advancing

it probably needs to be tweaked, i’m not the best decklist maker.

and there is always that deck that was designed to be paired with fruitloops.

anyway, i hope this helps.

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 pm
Nazgul can cycle suprisingly well, with Moving this Way.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm
Nazgul are good cyclers. Dunland can also be a great way to cycle, since they generally have low costs and low site numbers. Plus they’re cheap.

And of course, Moria is the best cycler of all time, although sometimes they cycle too much. Laughing Rolling Eyes

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anautikus
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:55 pm
I have an effective Moria deck with 35 cards Wink
Swarms everytime. And if the FP dies, we keep going anyway. I have swarmed someone once every site, starting from 4, in one game once (cause we kept going after he died) Very Happy
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:14 pm
Heck, I have a 50/50 Rohan/Wraith deck. Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg, Moving this Way, Age’s End Nazzies... cycle power.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions