LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Mordor Madness
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:04 am
Hi all,

So, say the Ring-bearer (in this case Frodo) is skirmishing a Isengard tracker, and the Shadow player plays Vengeance. Does the One Ring count as a card borne by the FP player? Thanks for any insights!
menace64
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:17 am
I seem to recall this coming up years ago during TTT’s release, and if memories serves me right the answer is yes.

Actually, I know the answer is yes, based on Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom’s text:
"While Galadriel bears an artifact or The One Ring..."

So bearing The One Ring is the same as bearing an artifact, which is the same as bearing any other card.

Now, that doesn’t mean that The One Ring can be discarded like any other borne card. It is special in that, like the Ring-bearer, it cannot be discarded from play or returned to your hand.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Mordor Madness
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:12 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess we have been playing the wrong way for quite some time now!! Embarassed
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:45 pm
I always would argue that the ring was borne on the RB, because Vengeance KILLS Twisted Evil
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
Glamdring
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:53 pm
menace64 wrote:
I seem to recall this coming up years ago during TTT’s release, and if memories serves me right the answer is yes.

Actually, I know the answer is yes, based on Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom’s text:
"While Galadriel bears an artifact or The One Ring..."

So bearing The One Ring is the same as bearing an artifact, which is the same as bearing any other card.

Now, that doesn’t mean that The One Ring can be discarded like any other borne card. It is special in that, like the Ring-bearer, it cannot be discarded from play or returned to your hand.

Wow, I never thought of it that way. Applause
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:59 pm
Wow, that makes the fords of isen a lot more useful than I thought it was! Thanks m64, I hadn’t thought of it like that!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions