LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:17 pm
Yep, that’s right. I was looking for a way to enhance the Gamling deck, with healing, and stumbled across an INSANE combo.

Elrond, Witness to History
Woodhall Elf, Exile
Uruviel, Woodland Maid
Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer
Gamling’s Horn
New Chapter x 4

Use Gamling’s Horn to toss the three followers, making Gamling and Elrond strength +12.

When Elrond’s skirmish comes around, exert him three times to put all three followers on top of your draw deck. Kill minion in skirmish.

Next turn, play three followers, healing 12 wounds.

Um...broken? And dibs on it for my article. Razz

Elven Armaments + Celebring makes it more broken. But chance of someone killing your Elrond by discarding the possession makes it rather risky.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:30 pm
Not so broken... at least not amazingly so. It’ll cause amazing clog. Which, with New Chapter and the Horns, won’t be much of an issue anyways, I suppose...

Bleh. GP for finding it. That’s sick.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:47 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yet another reason to errata New Chapter. The issue isn’t really about T&D, it’s about New Chapter.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:50 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
That’s what I love about MtG. It could all be solved so easily! Just switch all the abilities that let you "fetch" cards by rewording. Instead of "play from" use "put into play from". And, to complement the card keeping its original intention, add "add [X], where X is its twilight cost"
I don't like YOU.
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:41 am
Nice find NB but like El says pretty harsh system to use for your hand cycling.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:55 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
FM FM FM...your propoganda knows no bounds.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:14 am
Interesting Idea I don’t see how it would work in a deck, but it’s an insane combo anyways.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Glamdring
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:21 am
Interesting, but probably not as broken as the Nazgul corrupting death build. But...have a GP anyway. Cool
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:44 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
That’s not propaganda, SoP, just an idea for you guys, instead of X’ing the cards. Makes life much easier.
I don't like YOU.
Gate Troll
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
Heck, have another GP.
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion