LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Anautikus
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:43 pm
Would Moria swarms be effective with just 35 cards, with just about 20 minions (counting Host of Thousands as "minions")? What do you all think?
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:42 pm
No. If you couldn’t kill fast enough, you’d deck out.

Also, host of Thousands counts as a minion, but you still wouldn’t have enough minions. Sorry, Moria just by default cycles to well.

I’ve run 50 card Moria that decked.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anautikus
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:49 pm
What do you think for the min. # of cards for an effective swarms. I’m interested in everyone’s opinions, btw Thumbs Up
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

NBarden
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:21 pm
40 for moria. Running Underdeeps and Scimitar with Relics, 45.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
ingold55
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:51 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
depends on what kind of swarm. you could make one out of moria archers and it could have probably 35 cards in it. It would possibly kill your opponent.

you could make on out of regular soldiers, but that would be ineffective at 35 cards.

The best for swarm making would be around 45.

ingold

(in a two player game use a balrog corruption deck! it is a beast! Twisted Evil )
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:03 pm
ingold55 wrote:
(in a two player game use a balrog corruption deck! it is a beast! Twisted Evil )

In expanded. you have something called Ithilien Blade.

Sorry, but...Balrog corruption is lame. Lost to the Goblins with Gollum, Dark as Darkness.
Anautikus
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:02 am
What’s a good FP to run with it? Dwarves?
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:40 am
Anautikus wrote:
Would Moria swarms be effective with just 35 cards, with just about 20 minions (counting Host of Thousands as "minions")? What do you all think?
It really depends on the format you are playing. In Fellowship Block a 32 to 35 card deck, if done properly will win just about every time. I have seen Moria Swarm decks that worked very well with 30 cards. It really depends on your play style though. If you wait until you have set up the perfect hand to swarm you can do it with a much smaller number of minions on the table and thus a much smaller deck size than if you drop every minion you have every hand and hope to stack a few on Goblin swarms and get the rest back with Host of Thousands or They are Coming.

Generally They are Coming should only be used to get back a key minion or one that will make the swarm stick.

If you go too big, you won’t be able to get your Scimitars and Armories fast enough.

In other formats, I don’t think I would go much beyond about 40 cards anyway unless you have some insane cycling on your free peoples side. Your free-people’s cards will have a tendency to choke your hand or you won’t draw the right cards for either side when you need them.

Moria can go well with just about any cycling fellowship, but you also want to have a good fellowship that can run if necessary so that if your opponents are teched against swarm you can still have a shot at winning.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:47 am
I myself use a 35 card Moria swarm deck, and I often don’t even deck out. I pair it with a multi-cultural wounding deck that can run like crazy.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
ingold55
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:22 am
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
NBarden wrote:
ingold55 wrote:

In expanded. you have something called Ithilien Blade.

Sorry, but...Balrog corruption is lame. Lost to the Goblins with Gollum, Dark as Darkness.

I resent that! Evil or Very Mad (I killed my opponent with it in I believe 3 sites) I have been working to revise it, and strengthen it. I think it is working.

The problem with ithilien blade is it discards a roaming minion. you play expanded, wait till the balrog isn’t roaming and then destroy.

The main card you use is "must do without hope: Maneuver: exert the balrog to add a burden." This has no limit, and so you exhaust the balrog and add 4 burdens. do this twice to three times and you win the game! Cool (It has worked for me.)

but sorry that was off topic.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions