LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:46 pm
Shocked And the gas prices go up! This is gotta be a record. period.
Last edited by Celebrimbor on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in totalMy Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
NappyKorn
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:20 pm
Old thread bumping here I know but me and Leokula just got finished with the trade of all trades. We are trading complete sets, just not one but several. He will be getting 6 sets plus 100s of other cards and I will be recieving 5 sets and some foils and other singles I need. If I had a guess our trade will involve him getting over 1000+ cards and in return I will be getting close to the same but a little less. All in all we were both very pleased with what we got for what we recieved. Cheers Leokula we should easily hold the biggest trade record and if not we should easily have the largest CC and International trade record Shocked .
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
how much was postage? Shocked
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
LeoKula
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:28 pm
NappyKorn wrote:
Old thread bumping here I know but me and Leokula just got finished with the trade of all trades. We are trading complete sets, just not one but several. He will be getting 6 sets plus 100s of other cards and I will be recieving 5 sets and some foils and other singles I need. If I had a guess our trade will involve him getting over 1000+ cards and in return I will be getting close to the same but a little less. All in all we were both very pleased with what we got for what we recieved. Cheers Leokula we should easily hold the biggest trade record and if not we should easily have the largest CC and International trade record Shocked .

Cheers Nappy, my man!!

I’m sure we now hold CC’s record, not sure tho about all international trades, but we are definitely close Very Happy

It was a great trade because we both traded stuff we weren’t using to get ultra nice things!! Very Happy I’m very satisfied and excited about it, can’t wait for the cards to get here!

Thanks again Nappy! Thumbs UpGP
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:10 pm
I’ve been wondering, how are huge lots packaged? Would packing them tightly (unsleeved) into those storage boxes work, or would they shift around in there and scuff regardless? Or do people split them into team bags first or even ship them separately?

Congrats NappyKorn and LeoKula!
NappyKorn
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:47 pm
I’m shipping my cards to Leokula in the 9 pocket Ultra pro pages that I stored the cards in. I’m doing that simple because it would take me far to long to pull each card out and place them in an alternate shipping package. From what I gathered from Leokula he is shipping my cards in bags by set. As for the extras I have that are going to him most will be in penny sleeves and he rest that are common/incommon are being shipped tightly in a old booster box. To answer the shipping cost that was asked he said his were going to cost $50 USD. I will be taking mine up to the post office either tomorrow or Friday and I will edit this post with the total cost. Just to sum up about the largeness of the cards I’m sending to Leokula I counted the pages I’m sending to him and there are 174 pages and the cards are only 1 card per pocket, I never placed a card behind another card to save space. Not all the pages are full but 90% of the pages have all 9 pockets filled. The booster box will be filled to the max and I have well over 100 cards in penny sleeves. Really large trade so if I had to guess on shpping I would say easily $50 USD as well. Does anyone know if you can get a tracking number for packages sent via USPS?

I have recieved sets in the mail packags tghtly i all stoage boxes with the extra space filled with tissue paper (the gift wrap style not the toiletry) and the arrive in great condition. Not saying the come like that every time but it worked for my trade.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:52 pm
Thanks for the insight. 174 pages! I have a binder with a mere 100 pages (1 card per pocket as well, cramming them in makes me cringe) and it’s already a couple inches thick and heavy. Although it’s mostly for the undecked commons and uncommons I want to keep, so the pages themselves are probably worth more than the cards. *LOL*

You should be able to get online tracking for USPS.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:17 pm
I have this guy who has literally hundreds of ultra-pro 9-pocket pages to get rid of. He wants to give me a whole bunch!

Nappykorn: Buy an "electronic" stamp from UPS online. You enter all the numbers in, where the package’s from, as well as where it’s going to. Then the site lets you print out the stamp, with which you paste on the package, and also hands you a tracking number, which is what you want.

Who on earth would want to trade an entire set??? I like to keep the ones I have, and try to collect the other ones I want.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
LeoKula
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:35 am
Celebrimbor wrote:

Who on earth would want to trade an entire set??? I like to keep the ones I have, and try to collect the other ones I want.

Well, for myself I’m trading sets because I have a LOTR Collection from 1 to 12 that’s just sitting there at home, totally apart from all my playing cards and trade binders, I just decided I didn’t want that and instead of investing money in a new card game, decided to trade them. Some are going to Nappy and some are going for a brazilian guy for complete Anachronism sets. So now I’ll have a lot of good cards from 2 games instead of a bunch of useless cards I don’t use Smile And will still be able to play LOTR, since all my decks are intact.
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion