LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:34 pm
but it’s so stupid. have you noticed nobody mentions Spiral? There’s nothing out about it yet, so there’s nothing to talk about. Wizards is losing publicity! Free publicity!
physcosick
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:52 pm
My problem with it al is that they shouldnt find the need to hide their sets. They should do a good enough job over their at head quarters making good cards that people will like, rather than making Colds.... errrr..... terrible sets that the consumers despise. If they made good cards and spoilers went out, they would get a bunch of publicity and people will pre-order more boxes. However, in the reverse, if they print sets that have a lot of bad cards and spoilers leak out people will say to themselves ’HEY... this really sucks".

So instead of complaining about spoilers, they should make better sets.

Also, there is stuff out about time spiral: booster packs and boxes images, several card art pics, gemstone cavern (not that bad), and of course the ol’ hopefuls in the speculation forums. But the mtg.com previews start in a couple weeks (the beginning of septemeber) so you guys don’t have to wait too much longer to see any cards. I for one don’t care, I’ve been exicted for this set for months and I’m buying atleast one box and some friends r buying boxes and we r going to draft with every single pack all day, as soon as we get our boxes. it’s going to be great.
The First
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:46 am
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
La_Sin_Grail wrote:
but it’s so stupid. have you noticed nobody mentions Spiral? There’s nothing out about it yet, so there’s nothing to talk about. Wizards is losing publicity! Free publicity!

Euhm... Coldsnap is just out. Do you actually think they WANT to leak a set that might be better than Coldsnap so people will buy less from Coldsnap? I for one have not bought 1 single card from it. If they start revealing cards from Coldsnap - which they will in a couple of weeks/months, don’t worry - and they are way better than coldsnap, they will lose some profit for this set.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
The First
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:51 am
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
physcosick wrote:
My problem with it al is that they shouldnt find the need to hide their sets. They should do a good enough job over their at head quarters making good cards that people will like, rather than making Colds.... errrr..... terrible sets that the consumers despise. If they made good cards and spoilers went out, they would get a bunch of publicity and people will pre-order more boxes. However, in the reverse, if they print sets that have a lot of bad cards and spoilers leak out people will say to themselves ’HEY... this really sucks".

So instead of complaining about spoilers, they should make better sets.

Yeah, but that’s nearly impossible and besides, also bad for the game. They could introduce another "affinity" with every new set but this will destroy the game eventually.

Coming up with new creative mechanics and new cards is not that easy. Especially if you want to both keep the game balanced but still want each new set to be better and more fun than the previous, AND create a good limited environment AND do good for casual players etc...

Just don’t ask for too much. The people at Wizards DO know what they are doing. Don’t mingle and enjoy the game. That should be the only concern of the players.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:47 pm
Yeah, I found Coldsnap to be a dissapointment to have at home, but to be AMAZING fun to play with. It’s the most fun limited set I’ve seen in... well... it’s the most fun limited set I’ve seen.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion