LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:58 am
Hey guys, if someone tries to discard my two Weapons of Isengard (or any other machine) with one copy of New Awakened, can I discard only one Siege Engine to prevent both from being discarded? It’s kinda odd because i find Siege Engine text to be controversial. It says "an opponent" instead of "a card" or "an effect"... do you guys follow?

If someone plays Sleep Caradhras, can I discard only one Siege Engine to prevent all my machines from being discarded? Confused
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:02 am
The answer is yes. It can count itself so no matter the target of new awakened, the condition "one or more machines are about to be discarded" is met so you can discard that one to prevent it all. Same with sleep caradhras.

It says an opponent so you cant play cards that discard your machines for an effect then prevent that with your siege engine.

Cheers
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:04 am
Thanks a lot lem0n GP
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:05 am
No probs dude. I have a beserker deck that i have fun playing that uses that and its great fun. Siege engine is a powerful card stops all your token cards going to hell when you face elves and stuff. Thumbs Up
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:20 am
Hell yeah! I used to play an uruk archery deck and I’m back playing with it. Just managed to get 3x ranged commanders this week (hoooray), now only one to go. I love this deck, but it’s just one bomb, if somehow it goes down the toilet, good bye.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:28 am
Ahhhh i play slightly different using battering ram for tokens with siege engine and then beserk savage and slayer to do the damage. Also try and save up enough tokens to do it twice in one turn using 2 scaling ladders to heal twice. Twisted Evil
corvus
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:30 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
lem0nhead wrote:
No probs dude. I have a beserker deck that i have fun playing that uses that and its great fun. Siege engine is a powerful card stops all your token cards going to hell when you face elves and stuff. Thumbs Up

And then Namarie was born to change that.... Twisted Evil
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:32 am
Correction and then namarie was born to take the fun out of playing any conditions in any deck and ruining 95% of decks. Evil or Very Mad
NBarden
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:57 am
Hence why it should be AT LEAST restricted.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:58 am
NBarden wrote:
Hence why it should be AT LEAST restricted.

Yup Applause I think even restricted its powerful but at least it has a chance of being discarded. However with the new gil galad.... You need to x it or it keeps coming back.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions