LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kaiser
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:01 pm
What’s up with the Saruman follower? I have been unable to locate any copies for trade, or even offers from online shops, for several weeks. Is this card really so strong that nobody wants to part with it, even for very good offers?

I’m asking because I have only recently started to play the game again (after a break that lasted ever since Mines of Moria...), and I’m still trying to get an understanding of what cards are ultra-useful or extremely valuable, both in terms of collecting and gameplay. In the few weeks I’ve been on this boards, I have managed to trade for most of the cards that I was told were the harder-to-get ones, including stuff like Mumak Rider x4. The only card that I still couldn’t find anywhere is Saruman, Servant of Sauron.

Thanks for any opinions.

by the way, if you happen to have a spare copy, feel free to PM what you would expect to get for it ($).
Have a look at my trade list (incl. lots of 17/18 RF/O foils).
Lost Heir
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:11 pm
Yeah, It’s really good and there are several cards that are awesome with it like Frenzy of Arrows, Whisper in the Dark, and Isengard Ruined. So I think it must be that no one wants to let it go.

- LH
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:04 pm
I’ve never seen one for trading and I’m not after it either. It’s ridiculously good, splashable in any shadow deck and broken to the bones... with T&D out you have disgusting combos and by the way, decipher didn’t explain how shadow followers work so far.
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:49 am
I have that problem with everything on my want list. Sad ’Course, it’d help if I actually had loads of good stuff to trade.

I’m also having trouble finding online stores that carry singles from Hunters set and beyond, and absolutely nothing for Age’s End (apart from eBay). *grin* Just ran a Google search for ’"servant of sauron" tcg’ and your haves/wants list was at the top.

Anyway, wow, you took a break since MoM? MoM was when I started playing, and I stopped soon after Shadows was released. And here I thought I had a lot to cover. Smile

I doubt I’ll lay hands on SoS anytime soon, so I’ve been trying to convince myself that my decks don’t really need it, to varying degrees of success. (Ninja Gollum bearing Saruman on his back? Too disgusting for consideration!)
corvus
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:12 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
That’s why i believe strategically speaking shutting CC down right now was wrong in terms of time. Maybe it would be fine in about 3 months from now. We still see people eager to trade and as we see from my friend Kaiser, even to buy. Age’s End would also sell pretty well!

Of cource, there were personal reasons involved, so it takes a totally different prespective.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
LeoKula
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:16 am
I had the same impression that corvus. LOTR seems to be on a peak right now and things were getting sold out pretty fast, but then again it was for personal reasons, not financial ones.
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:38 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
And talk about personal issues, since I haven’t EVER seen Cobra online ever since the shutdown date, no matter the day or time.
I don't like YOU.
corvus
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:56 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
He was on today.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:59 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
did you PM him about appointing MH admin? if you see him do that.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion