LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:58 pm
I need to make sure my player group knows about this...

Too bad I can’t recycle Alliance Reforged with Gilly. Sad

Looks like ANOTHER errata needs to be made on Frenzy... gosh.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:59 pm
My Frenzy deck just got completely wrecked. As did my Men infinite loop deck.

Oh well...its for the better. FYI, I will continue to use the Smith until Namarie is banned.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:42 pm
So nothing was done to combat the Erkenbrand’s Horn/New Chapter combo?
All cards do what they say.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:46 am
I’m very pleased on most of the revisions and changes to the rules that have been made, but there are several gaping holes.

1) We still don’t know whether Whisper in the Dark can actually take effect or not seeing as the rules state very clearly that followers cannot bear other cards

2) If there was an Orc archer, Frenzy of Arrows would still be one of the most broken cards ever printed. As it is, they might as well have X-ed it.

3) We still don’t know how overwhelming works in Final Triumph.

4) Gothmog still has no cultural enforcement and can easily splash into every single wounding shadow side that wants wounds.

5) The horns and New Chapter combo is still there.

6) They made a change to Cast from the Hall when the card that needed changing was the other one in that combo (which I can’t remember the title of) which discards a possession to discard a possession. If ’spot a Shadow possession’ was added to the cost of that card, the whole combo wouldn’t work and I really liked Cast from the Hall the way it was.

But overall, I am exceedingly happy (though I think the smith being X-ed could have been easily avoided and it’s a shame to say goodbye to strange-looking men)!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 am
I’m very pleased on most of the revisions and changes to the rules that have been made, but there are several gaping holes.

1) We still don’t know whether Whisper in the Dark can actually take effect or not seeing as the rules state very clearly that followers cannot bear other cards

2) If there was an Orc archer, Frenzy of Arrows would still be one of the most broken cards ever printed. As it is, they might as well have X-ed it.

3) We still don’t know how overwhelming works in Final Triumph.

4) Gothmog still has no cultural enforcement and can easily splash into every single wounding shadow side that wants wounds.

5) The horns and New Chapter combo is still there.

6) They made a change to Cast from the Hall when the card that needed changing was the other one in that combo (which I can’t remember the title of) which discards a possession to discard a possession. If ’spot a Shadow possession’ was added to the cost of that card, the whole combo wouldn’t work and I really liked Cast from the Hall the way it was.

But overall, I am exceedingly happy (though I think the smith being X-ed could have been easily avoided and it’s a shame to say goodbye to strange-looking men)!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
NBarden
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:11 am
Thranduil wrote:

Unless the card says so specifically. I think that fixing it to say "plays on a follower" would have been best, but as is, still works. Card text always trumps rules. You’re not complaining about the Witch-King’s mount that allows an additional assignment and skirmish phase, although the rules are against that.

And this is a problem....how? He has a large built in draw back, and you do need splash minions. Geez, now you’re gonna start complaining that Gothmog, Lieutenant of Morgul is to easily splashable into any site control deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:39 am
NBarden wrote:
Unless the card says so specifically. I think that fixing it to say "plays on a follower" would have been best, but as is, still works. Card text always trumps rules. You’re not complaining about the Witch-King’s mount that allows an additional assignment and skirmish phase, although the rules are against that.

I would have liked a clarification, but I agree with your point.

NBarden wrote:
And this is a problem....how? He has a large built in draw back, and you do need splash minions. Geez, now you’re gonna start complaining that Gothmog, Lieutenant of Morgul is to easily splashable into any site control deck.

Well, in all fairness I do complain about that, but site control is such a narrow and specific strategy that it doesn’t bother me that much. On the other hand, while this Gothmog obviously has a drawback, the absolute worst thing his drawback can do is kill himself after causing 3 wounds on the fellowship. Consider him as a 6 cost Elevated Fire with no spotting requirement or cultural enforcement of any sort.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:16 am
Ok this is awesome. I really didnt think D would care or do anything about it and i was pleasantly surprised to see they adressed nearly all of the current gameplay issues.

First i was massively vindicated because there IS a difference between killed and discarded which is what i always said like here. (Even Bib is worng sometimes!)

Its great to see the ridiculous typos like the warg master and vile pit corrected and clarifications for the stupid loopholes in grond, sting of shelob and new light.

Finally we know for sure what shadow followers do.

Elven armaments has gone from controversial to dull, and Gil Galad is slightly less OP.

Perspective is how it always ahould have been finally, as is Faramir. Faithful stone finally has a drawback.

Like Thran said they errated the wrong card in the cast from the hall infinite combo. This makes it not very good now. Erkenbrands shield is much better balanced.

All the until the regroup phase bits have been added.

Whispers in the dark is no longer as abuseable, neither is frenzy of arrows which i am so thankful for its untrue (but they have made it totally opposite, from OP to useless).

Again as Thran said we need to know about overwhelming on Final Triumph.

But the best bit is no stupid men infinite combo and HOORAY NO SMITH! Stupid broken minion.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:45 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
well at least D still gives a hoot.
I play open so my men still work...
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions