LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Ringbearer: Frodo Protected By Many and The One Ring Such a Weight To Carry
1 Farmer Maggot Hobbit Of The Marish(starting fellowship)
1 Pippin Mr. Took (starting fellowship)
1 Sam Great Elf Warrior (starting fellowship)
1 Treebeard Guardian of The Forest
1 Gandalf Leader Of The Company
1 Radagast the Brown
1 Bilbo Baggins Aged Ringbearer
1 Merry Loyal Companion

1 Rosie Cotton
1 Bounder
1 Horn Of The Mark
1 Merry’s Dagger
1 Merry’s Armor
4 Hobbit Sword
1 Salt From The Shire
1 Glamdring Foehammer
1 Narya ring Of Fire
1 Gandalf;s Staff
1 There And Back Again
3 G For Grand
3 A Promise
1 Fates Entwined
1 Stone Trolls
1 Measure Of Comfort
1 Rare Good Ballast
2 Sudden Fury
1 Narrow Escape
1 Simple Living
1 Unharmed
2 Concerning Hobbits

OK this is a hobbit deck thatI need to know what I should cut. The minion side I know what to cut I just need help with this side. Also if you could post cards I could add to replace certain card sas long as there not too epensive I have a limited budget.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fingolfin
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:31 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
You should for certain take out the merry and put in a better one like Merry Wearer of Black and Silver. and why Treebeard?
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:18 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Because Treebeard’s cool. Very Happy

He is actually a good companion, and his "unhasty" keyword is helped by the fact that there’s tons of unbound hobbits just waiting to let him skirmish.

Although you could make a valid point that he should Culture-Shock his FP side (make it one culture). That would free up a bunch of space for more Hobbit cards. I play Gondor mostly, but no Hobbit, so I can’t offer any other advice.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:41 am
fingolfin wrote:
You should for certain take out the merry and put in a better one like Merry Wearer of Black and Silver

Actually, there’s a Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver, not a Merry, Wearer of Black and Silver.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AdultLink
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:59 pm
First I would say... more annoying than tOO or pipsqueak is putting pointless polls on posts that don’t have anything to do with polls!
But I would say that out can come Rare Good Ballast, Unharmed, Concerning Hobbits, Stone Trolls, and Horn of the Mark for starters. I would add in a coupl Hobbit Intuition... or even better Chance Observation!!!
Haves/Wants
AdultLink
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:00 pm
Also, I can get Alcarin, and I have Great Day, Great Hour and Sixth level. If you want them, you could refer to my trading thread.
Haves/Wants
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:26 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AdultLink wrote:
First I would say... more annoying than tOO or pipsqueak is putting pointless polls on posts that don’t have anything to do with polls!
But I would say that out can come Rare Good Ballast, Unharmed, Concerning Hobbits, Stone Trolls, and Horn of the Mark for starters. I would add in a coupl Hobbit Intuition... or even better Chance Observation!!!

HUmnm I will try cut concerning hobbits and add hobbit intuition butI don’t know about stone trolls and Rare good ballast I normally fight uruks and those really help> IF oyu can give em a good reason to cut them I will.
thanksfor the feedback
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AdultLink
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:27 am
If you started with Bilbo, it would make more sense to have Stone Trolls. If you do fight uruks and trolls heavily than it would be ok to have a copy or two in, but unless you are bidding to go first and use the Green Dragon Inn as your site 1, it leaves too much to chance to hope to draw Bilbo and get ST in conjunction.
Haves/Wants
AdultLink
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:32 am
You could also even start with Bilbo instead of Merry and Pip. Maybe you could include a copy or two of Practically Everyone Was Invited to snatch copies of your hobbits. You could then pull Rosie or Bounder with it too. And if you get Chance Observation with all your hobbits out you get a +8 pump to your hobbits (because hobbit allies count for spotting a hobbit).
Haves/Wants
Pipsqueak
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:27 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
I really like Merry, LC.
Kind of unorganized though. Are you sure you wouldn’t want to make it standard format?
Long live the southern bros. Homage

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded