LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:27 am
I didn’t realize how annoying a knight deck could be until I was playtesting a NG deck tonight and couldn’t get a single kill. d'oh!

The knight deck runs 8-9 companions (not necessarily all out at once), focuses on Fourth Level/CotS/Bow to win skirmishes, Banner of Westernesse/Aragorn/Boromir for healing, and Sapling for wound prevention.

FP’s first skirmish action is to exhaust Gollum with Fourth Level, blocking Not This Time! They Stole It/Promise Keeping exhausts the companion Gollum is skirmishing and blocks Gondor Bow, but then there’s still CotS or Sapling to prevent the companion from being killed. Next site it’s some other fresh companion to deal with, and before I know it they’re at a sanctuary and I need to start over.

I’m thinking of running Enquea, LoM to get some kills, although it’s a pity Promise Keeping won’t key off the threats. Or maybe Nertea, DH with Evil-smelling Fens to repeatedly ping Isildur. If burdens are added then Neekerbreekers’ Bog comes out; otherwise 3 companions exert which isn’t so bad. Or maybe I’m just playing the deck wrong. Thoughts?
LeoKula
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:00 am
First of all, any deck that can take Gollum that easy should have no trouble at all dealing with ng.

Then there’s gondor wounding prevention (which totally neutralizes PK) and healing to slow you down.

So I guess you’re not playing it wrong, it’s just that healing and wounding prevention combined with fourth level + gondor bow (or plain direct wounding) will always shut ng down.
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
in other words find a different deck to play vs. knights. or pack uruks with saruman’s power Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:36 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
or pack uruks with saruman’s power Wink

Tempting, sorely tempting... except NG without conditions would be like Gollum without his loincloth. Butt-naked! Shocked

Guess I’ll try Nertea DH with 3x Evil-smelling Fens for now and see how it goes. And/or site path manipulation with Courtyard Parapet and Bog. Can’t burn Smeagol, but you’d be amazed at what Mithril Shaft/Ring of Guile can do. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:00 pm
Try some Treacherous Little Toad. Evil card. And then with the number of threats out there, if you can score ONE kill, the knights go down.

Horribly Strong or Little Snuffler are also effective. Knights can be annoying, I hate playing them personally. I couldn’t win a single game against my friends.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
thonnas7
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:06 pm
NBarden wrote:
Try some Treacherous Little Toad. Evil card. And then with the number of threats out there, if you can score ONE kill, the knights go down.

Horribly Strong or Little Snuffler are also effective. Knights can be annoying, I hate playing them personally. I couldn’t win a single game against my friends.

I agree with that. Treacherous Little Toad has saved me so many games with my Ninja Gollum deck.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:58 am
Gotcha. Will do.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion