LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:48 pm
Elessar’s Socks wrote:
Wow, really? I’d forgotten how much errata the Mirror received. Laughing

The letter signifies an actual wording change in the reprint. First time it gets an "A", then if the "A" card is further revised it gets a "B", and so on. I’ve never heard of a "C" revision but the experts here would know for sure.

As far as I know, all of the cards you receive in buying a pack are first print.
The cards found in starter decks are almost all reprints.

Is it just me, or do all hunters and later releases have the print identifier removed?
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:39 am
It isn’t just you. Decipher stopped putting the 1st edition printing mark on the cards starting when they released The Hunters.

As far as I know, there are very few cards that ever got a B release. Possibly only the Mirror of Galadriel. Most of the A printing cards were for changing text from "his" to "his or her". The story behind that is that there was a girl playing in Worlds when the game came out who argued that she didn’t have to discard cards from the top of her deck due to dwarven axe since it said "his" and she was most certainly not male.

The cards in starters being reprints is only true of the ones that are not from the set the starters were released with.

Keep on collecting!
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:41 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I wuv legal loopholes...Smile
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:50 pm
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Wow, there are a lot of aspects to these cards that I simply didn’t know about. This has certainly been an eye-opener.

Thanks M_H, 63-64 GP
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Anautikus
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:57 pm
Whooo I have an A as well as the B version! Cool
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion