LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:14 pm
On Pippin’s Parley, there has been some discussion on an SdA ranking system, in which SdA members could be given a score based on wins and losses. Feedback?

http://pippinsparley.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30&p=69#p69
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:53 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Dude, you could just...uh...start a discussion here.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:26 am
...which was NB’s point. Wink
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Gate Troll
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:54 am
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
I think it would be cool. They have rankings on other sites, why not on CC?
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:46 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dude, you could just...uh...start a discussion here.

I’m trying to help Pippin’s Parley set up as well, to run simultaneously with CobraCards, with a different environment. Pippin’s Parley is a LOT different from CC, I think you should give it a shot.

As for the ranking system, I’m trying to figure out whether a factor of 8 or 10 is best.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Want me to run something like the MtG system? You all "start" at 1600. Then, whenever you have "events" (I read something about online tournaments, which would be a better use for spare cards than giving them away in the already-dead article contest), they can either be 8K, 16K, 32K or 64K, meaning how much points you win or lose in a match-up. So, basically, you have to STEAL your points from others through victory! Casual games could be, like, 2k or 4k.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:04 pm
Yeah, so you get the same number of points by clobbering the Grand Master as you get by clobbering the newbie who started playing yesterday.

Nah. Won’t work.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
It doesn’t work that way. k64, for instance, states that the MAXIMUM allotment of points you can get from a match is 64. However, YOUR OWN ranking ad the opponent’s ranking DO come into account when calculating.
I don't like YOU.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:09 pm
Interesting. So, beating a newbie would steal far less points than from a "grandmaster" guy. Am I right?
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion