LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:09 pm
If I have Namarie out, or any token collecting condition for that matter, and it has no tokens on it, can I play a card that lets me reinforce a token and place a token on a card that doesn’t have a token currently on it?

I searched the Current ruling document on D and the 3 other rules documents they have. I just typed in reinforce in the search field and it found nothing so I decided to come here for the answer.

Thanks in advance to everyone who replys,

NK
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:43 pm
The card has to have a token already on it to be reinforced.

It’s the actual token you’re reinforcing, if you look at the wording.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:52 pm
EL is correct. The exact wording for the Reinforce rule can be found on page 39 of the Hunters rule book here.

Reinforce
This verb, used in game text, means to add a culture token to a card that already has a token of the same culture. You may choose any of your cards with the appropriate culture token if you have more than one. If an effect lets you reinforce more than one culture token, you may put them all on one card or divide them up however you choose.
Your card says, “When you play this possession, you may reinforce a Dwarven culture token.” When you play this card, you may choose any of your Dwarven cards that currently has one or more Dwarven culture tokens and add another token to that card.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:02 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Cool, thanks for asking that NK, and thanks to EL and MH for answering. I wondered the same thing myself a few times.

There are some cards that specifically say that you can add a token (or tokens) to a card that already has a token on it. But I was unsure about the ones that simply said to reinforce a token. It’s all much clearer now, thanks to all. Thumbs Up And GP ’s when I can give them.
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions